Rocket- Rough Collie

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
My Rocket is a very sweet funny dog. He is very easy in some ways and really hard in others. He loves treats but has allergies so our choices are more limited than either of us likes. Rocket is unlike any dog I have ever had or met and we have had some rocky times which is sort of why we are only now really taking off in our training. He is four years old.

Rocket loves, I mean LOVES to bark. He also loves to chase cars along our fence. When he was little I was completely unprepared for this behavior and it immediately became one of his favorite pastimes and something that I was at a loss to modify. You need to pay attention if you run with him cause he'll bite your butt!

Rocket loves to learn tricks as long as I am doing a good job explaining! He learns things really easily as long as his "little" brother Diesel is not butting in and the payment is worthwhile.

Rocket doesn't much care for toys and he rarely fetches.
He does love to chase his laser light though ( I cannot even sneak it out of the cabinet) and to steal my scrunchie from my ponytail and have me chase him.

Some of his strengths are he likes little kids, he is easy going around other dogs, and he is great with all of our other animals, house birds, cats and is the staunch defender of our chickens.
His favorite tricks so far are anything involving a back up, and bow and scoot/moonwalk. He really likes tricks with paw targeting and of course SPEAK, LOL! I am very grateful for all the lessons he is bringing into my life.
IMG_3493.jpg
IMG_3609.jpg

Attachments

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
Thanks guys!
"he seems a bit reluctant to growl" Yeah, did you see the calming nose licks? He does not always do that, I think that was more because I had the Ipad in front of my face, and that Deisel was right there at my feet... He just wanted to make sure no one was misinterpreting him. Poor guy, he now knows for sure that I'm crazy!

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
Roscoe nips our heels...my good herder:)
Roscoe is beautiful, you have good taste in Dogs! LOL! When we watched Roscoe's herding video, my son said, "Oh look Mom he looks like Rocket, but he looks like he has brains!" JazzyandVeronica... Be Glad Bum biting isn't all that it's cracked up to be! (Ha! Ha!)