Rhyming Trick List

running_dog

Honored Member
Has anyone else seen the rhyming picture book "I'll teach my dog 100 words"? I think it's from the Cat in the Hat series. The book starts out sensibly enough with "sit" and "down" but then goes on to "bake a cake" and playing a trombone :rolleyes: , it finishes with, "I think I'll start tomorrow."

This is a more realistic version with about 25 behaviours based on Zac's trick list. There are two that are still wish list (nod head and crawl) but I needed them to make it rhyme :) and Tigerlily (I'm going to name and shame :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) said to post it anyway.

What can my dog do?
My dog can:
Run a mile,
jump a stile,
chase a rabbit
and then grab it.
He'll kind of retrieve
and loves to leg weave.
He'll touch my hand,
Sit, down and stand.
He'll shake a paw,
scratch with a claw,
nod his head
and play dead.
Look alive!
And give me five,
learn to crawl
and play basketball.
He can pull on a light cord,
and ride on a skateboard,
climb a tree,
and jump over me.
He can close the door
and beg for more,
stack the dishes
and campaign for fishes.
All of these and lots more too,
are the things my dog can do.

sara

Staff member
Awesome! I'm not creative enough to come up with something like that! Fantastic!!!

But no, I've never seen the poem you're talking about... by Dr. Seuss?

ETA nope not Dr. Seuss (cat in the hat)

running_dog

Honored Member
LOL yes Dr Seuss is the name I couldn't remember (how could I forget a name like that :ROFLMAO:) , if it isn't him it is certainly that style. I'm guilty of having small nieces!

sara

Staff member
LOL yes Dr Seuss is the name I couldn't remember (how could I forget a name like that :ROFLMAO:) , if it isn't him it is certainly that style. I'm guilty of having small nieces!
I googled it, but promptly forgot the author's name :rolleyes: but it wasn't Dr. Seuss;) I remember Dr. Seuss well... we used to read his books alot when I was a kid... eons ago... (seein's how I'm almost 30 :eek: )

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Rdog, that is so so awesome, i JUST LOVE this rhyme, i can't believe you can even come up with this!! That, combined with your fantastic art ability, i suspect that someday, we will point at RDog in a bookstore, or on a tv interview, and say, "We know her!!":) when she is famous bookmaker!!
mark my words, someday, this will happen!!
We will all get free copies, right? :ROFLMAO:

Yes, yes, R dog is telling the truth, i did push her/beg her to post that, it was just too awesome to keep off of the boards!! I've never seen anything like it, so perfectly rhymed!
also,
it's a pretty incredible list of tricks for dog!! wow!!!