Puppy Names

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
We were calling the new puppy Nelli, but I found out my sisters boyfriends nickname is Nelly. So she got all mad. I'm thinking of calling her Nash, short for Nashville. Can you guys help me come up with some more name ideas?

She is shy, and nervous, but very loving. Oh and feisty with Remi.

Here is her photo. She looks brown, but she is suppose to be a black tri. She just has a lot of red undertone.

MaryK

Honored Member
Molly came instantly to mind. She's gorgeous. I always 'try' the names on the dogs, they will respond to a name they like, so why not try some names out and see which one she responds too.:)

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
I've tried quite a few, and thus far the only one she response to is Nelli, and Romi. Picking a name is always so hard. :confused:

southerngirl

Honored Member
Arabella
Sky
Juliet
Dixie Rose
Addie
Faith
Hope
Willow
Whisper
Quinn
Nala
Liberty
Rain
Neveah
Ariel
Primrose
For me I write list of names and usually I'll just think hmm... could you be a ... usually the name clicks. After calling them the name for a few weeks they start responding to it.

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
Arabella
Sky
Juliet
Dixie Rose
Addie
Faith
Hope
Willow
Whisper
Quinn
Nala
Liberty
Rain
Neveah
Ariel
Primrose
For me I write list of names and usually I'll just think hmm... could you be a ... usually the name clicks. After calling them the name for a few weeks they start responding to it.
I love the names Whisper, and rain. Whisper was one of the first names I had picked for her. I wanted to name her Raini/ Rainy but my roommate said no way. :cautious:

Evie

Experienced Member
I've tried quite a few, and thus far the only one she response to is Nelli, and Romi. Picking a name is always so hard. :confused:

Agreed, Evie was un-named for well over two weeks lol. There came a point where I just had to bite the bullet or else she was going to think her name was 'puppy' lololol

Evie

Experienced Member
I like the name Willow, I also like the name Bounty for something a bit different, but no one I've come across yet has liked that one lol.

Honored Member
Agreed, Evie was un-named for well over two weeks lol. There came a point where I just had to bite the bullet or else she was going to think her name was 'puppy' lololol
My mum and sister named Holly before we got her. They originally wanted to name her Daisy but I said they couldn't because my first ever pet was two mice called Daisy and Badger, they had just fprgotten :(

Dogster

Honored Member
I really like the name Willow, I think it suits her.:)

Dawn
Dakota
Echo
Fern
Venus
Spice
Juliet
Tessa
Sadie
Ivy

(I'm really bad at coming up with names, I took these ones off of a website:oops: )

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
My mum and sister named Holly before we got her. They originally wanted to name her Daisy but I said they couldn't because my first ever pet was two mice called Daisy and Badger, they had just fprgotten :(
My partner wanted to name her Holly. But I said no since it made me think of your Holly. :LOL:

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
I really like the name Willow, I think it suits her.:)

Dawn
Dakota
Echo
Fern
Venus
Spice
Juliet
Tessa
Sadie
Ivy

(I'm really bad at coming up with names, I took these ones off of a website:oops: )
Dakota is on our list already. And my mom suggested Sadie. But my roommate said it was too 'white.' :ROFLMAO: (My whole family is white, but the Roomie is Hispanic. That's why she said no to Sadie. :rolleyes:)

sara

Staff member
she is just too cute!!!!

I find naming girls alot harder than naming boys :) I like unique names, and try to stick with literary characters for my own crew... that can be tough. I would have named Boo "Badger" (so I could have Mouse and Badger) but I couldn't make it literary :) So Boo he is lol

One of my favorite names for a herding dog is "Tru"

But she also is so dainty in the face, a delicate name like Lily, would work well :)

If I ever get my Irish Terrier, it will be female, and named Sorka (Dragonsdawn from the Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McAffery)

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
she is just too cute!!!!

I find naming girls alot harder than naming boys :) I like unique names, and try to stick with literary characters for my own crew... that can be tough. I would have named Boo "Badger" (so I could have Mouse and Badger) but I couldn't make it literary :) So Boo he is lol

One of my favorite names for a herding dog is "Tru"

But she also is so dainty in the face, a delicate name like Lily, would work well :)

If I ever get my Irish Terrier, it will be female, and named Sorka (Dragonsdawn from the Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McAffery)
I love that you do literary names! The name is tru is awesome, and I've never met a dog with the name. I love it.:)

She is very dainty, she looks a lot tinier than Remi was at that age. But that may be because she is underweight.