Puppy Names

Discussion in 'Puppies' started by Mr-Remington, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

We were calling the new puppy Nelli, but I found out my sisters boyfriends nickname is Nelly. So she got all mad. I'm thinking of calling her Nash, short for Nashville. Can you guys help me come up with some more name ideas?

She is shy, and nervous, but very loving. Oh and feisty with Remi.

Here is her photo. She looks brown, but she is suppose to be a black tri. She just has a lot of red undertone.
    k9 crazed, Dogster and MaryK like this.

2. MaryK Honored Member

Molly came instantly to mind. She's gorgeous. I always 'try' the names on the dogs, they will respond to a name they like, so why not try some names out and see which one she responds too.:)
    Dogster likes this.
  3. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

I've tried quite a few, and thus far the only one she response to is Nelli, and Romi. Picking a name is always so hard. :confused:
  4. southerngirl Honored Member

Dixie Rose
    For me I write list of names and usually I'll just think hmm... could you be a ... usually the name clicks. After calling them the name for a few weeks they start responding to it.
    Dogster likes this.
  5. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

I love the names Whisper, and rain. Whisper was one of the first names I had picked for her. I wanted to name her Raini/ Rainy but my roommate said no way. :cautious:
  6. Evie Experienced Member

Agreed, Evie was un-named for well over two weeks lol. There came a point where I just had to bite the bullet or else she was going to think her name was 'puppy' lololol
  7. Evie Experienced Member

I like the name Willow, I also like the name Bounty for something a bit different, but no one I've come across yet has liked that one lol.
  8. 648117 Honored Member

My mum and sister named Holly before we got her. They originally wanted to name her Daisy but I said they couldn't because my first ever pet was two mice called Daisy and Badger, they had just fprgotten :(
  9. Dogster Honored Member

I really like the name Willow, I think it suits her.:)

(I'm really bad at coming up with names, I took these ones off of a website:oops: )
  10. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

She responses best to Puppy. :ROFLMAO: If some says puppy she looks right at you and comes running.
    Evie and Dogster like this.
  11. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

My partner wanted to name her Holly. But I said no since it made me think of your Holly. :LOL:
    648117 and Dogster like this.
  12. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

Dakota is on our list already. And my mom suggested Sadie. But my roommate said it was too 'white.' :ROFLMAO: (My whole family is white, but the Roomie is Hispanic. That's why she said no to Sadie. :rolleyes:)
  13. southerngirl Honored Member

My favorites for her are Willow, Faye, Whisper, Arabella and Quinn
    Mr-Remington and Dogster like this.
  14. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

I love Rayne, Willow, and whisper. Now it's time to convince the Roomie. :)
    Dogster and southerngirl like this.
  15. sara Moderator

she is just too cute!!!!

I find naming girls alot harder than naming boys :) I like unique names, and try to stick with literary characters for my own crew... that can be tough. I would have named Boo "Badger" (so I could have Mouse and Badger) but I couldn't make it literary :) So Boo he is lol

One of my favorite names for a herding dog is "Tru"

But she also is so dainty in the face, a delicate name like Lily, would work well :)

If I ever get my Irish Terrier, it will be female, and named Sorka (Dragonsdawn from the Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McAffery)
  16. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

I love that you do literary names! The name is tru is awesome, and I've never met a dog with the name. I love it.:)

She is very dainty, she looks a lot tinier than Remi was at that age. But that may be because she is underweight.
    Dogster likes this.
  17. Dlilly Honored Member

Squirrel =)
    Dogster and Mr-Remington like this.
  18. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

LOVE IT!
    Dogster and Evie like this.
  19. 648117 Honored Member

There was a blue and white whippet x collie in Holly's obedience class called "Pup", we sometimes still see her at the park. She's a really nice dog.
    Mr-Remington likes this.
  20. k9 crazed Experienced Member

She is adorable! How many more are gonna catch the pup bug!
    Mr-Remington and southerngirl like this.