Puppy Food?

Dlilly

Honored Member
Rory is around 10 months old now. All I know is that he was born in November. His former owner had him eating a low quality adult dog food. He was loosing his fur, and the vet said it was from some food dye and told them to feed him the adult food.

Right now he is eating Taste of The Wild, which is all life stages. (Unless they've recently changed it) Should he still be eating puppy food, or is it okay for him to eat the all life stages?

Honored Member
Holly is getting adult food now too, we changed at 11 months when we her last bag of puppy food was running out, but months ago when we were at the vets they said she could have adult food. We just kept her on the puppy because we might as well.

Now that she is on adult food the only problem is the size of the kibble is sooooo much bigger that I can't use it for training as easily and she gets fewer individual pieces in her days alotment which is only 3/4 of a cup anyway (and it takes longer for her to eat her dinner).

I didn't realise there was such a missive difference in size between Orijen puppy and adult food.

Also, I'm sure I read somewhere (not sure if it is completely true) that there really isn't much difference between adult and puppy food and a lot of it is just marketing. If they have more types of food within one brand then they take up more space in the petshop and people will be more likely to buy that brand.

sara

Staff member
I've never fed puppy food... They've all just gone straight to high end adult or ALS foods. (even my sister's 9 week old Westie went straight onto Orijen 6-fish)