Pudgey - 7yr Old English Springer Spaniel

ellieh

Meet Pudgey, my stunningly beautiful 7yr old Springer!!

Pudgey is known by many names such as Pudge, Pudder, Pudder-Spaniel, Tuffty-Fluffty, Mummy's-Boy, StinkyTinky and Pudder-Bum..................All of which he appreciates! :D

Pudgey was my second dog, i got him originally to do agility, flyball etc with him.
He started off doing basics, advanced and whistle training but when he was 9months old he got severely attacked by a dog on our local walk.
He spent nearly 3 weeks in the vets having his throat basically reconstructed, and he nearly died :(

As a result of that event, i had to re-teach him to want to go for walks, he would run away from me i if i tried to take him anywhere and eventually after lots of gradual work over weeks he started to walk again but if he saw a dog he would scream and wet himself and try to run home.
Lots of training, desensitizing, gentle socializing and patience got Pudge to where he is today, which is living with all our new rescue dogs, he is happy to go on walks again but still even to this day if a dog runs at him or is running near him he will have a go at it.

I adore this dog, he is so clever and loves to learn. If i have a clicker he is there like a shot waiting to learn something new! I know i am biased but i think he is so beautiful - His tuffty on the top of his head is adorable and really gives him a unique 'special' look :D

10247367_10154065415530392_1591736122109044682_n.jpg

541698_10151876090715392_1541117577_n.jpg

running_dog

Honored Member
I love the tuft on the top of his head :)

That's a really sad story about him being attacked. It is a strange but I've come across a lot of spaniels that have been seriously attacked. I'm glad Pudgey has had someone like you to help him work through his problems.

southerngirl

Honored Member
He's a cutie, I too love the little tuft on his head.
I'm sorry to hear that he had such a horrific attack. He's lucky to have you to help pull him through such a terrifying experience.

elissa

Horrific story about the attack, heart warming story about the rehab! A very handsome boy indeed!

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Very gorgeous boy. I have heard of quite a lot of spaniels being caught up in attacks too. Such a shame but wonderful he had you to rehabilitate him and bring his trust back.

MaryK

Honored Member
What a terrible story, and I too have heard of Spaniels being caught up in dog attacks. So glad he had someone very special like you to work with him and help him over come his justifiable anxiety with other dogs.

Adore the tuft!!!!!!!! It really gives an already beautiful boy even more appeal (if that's possible!:):love: