Poll About Dog Training Course

If you were to buy a Dog Training Course... Which one would you buy?

• An Instructional Course on DVDs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Downloadable Course (You don't have to wait for shipping)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An Interactive Course Online (Log-In Online to View Videos and to Chat with Other Students)

Votes: 15 100.0%

• Total voters

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
By now, most of you have heard about my new dog training course. Don't worry, I'm not here to give you a sales pitch or anything like that. :)

I just want your opinion on which delivery service you'd personally prefer. It's an anonymous poll so nobody will know how you voted.

Your vote will help me guide how my course will be delivered in the future.

Also... Would you value a TRIAL? Let's say that you can try the entire course for 14 days for only a $1, if you like it, you pay the rest of the course, if you don't then it only cost you a $1.

What do you think?

Thank you in advance! :) Your opinion is much appreciated.

Anneke

Honored Member
I voted for the third option.
I think the interactive part sounds attractive to me. Being able to share and discuss problems you run into during the training, with others and maybe learn from other people. Get feedback from others in the same course.
It is closest to going to a real trainer, where you get immediate feedback;)

I would like a trial. Because what holds me back on doing a course online, is that maybe I don't like it. Maybe the trailers and the information given have me thinking it is fantastic, but once I pay the money and I get the course I really don't like it.

Evie

Experienced Member
Same again! But keep in mind that the majority of people who take this survey are people who quite obviously like being able to interact and share ideas when it comes to dog training... or else we wouldn't be on this forum in the first place :love:

Just saying, that it might not be the case for the rest of the population :)

sara

Staff member
I voted the same as everyone else it seems :) I certainly would appreciate being able to talk through issues with people doing the same thing as me (why I love this forum LOL)

Adrianna & Calvin

Experienced Member
I voted as everyone else did, but I want to make it clear that it's my preference for a course, which implies that you get feedback and are building towards goals step-by-step. I am happy to learn by DVD or downloaded content, but courses should always be interactive. I'd watch DVDs on teaching XYZ tricks, or teaching the recall, or Rally moves, etc. quite happily. If I'm paying for a course, it's a different set up with different goals.

MaryK

Honored Member
I voted the same as everyone else. I do agree with the comment Evie made, everyone here enjoys the inter-action but it may not be the same for the rest of the population. One person springs readily to mind, my partner, he's a 'I'll do it my way, don't need to ask others for help" person:(

Would also like the 'free trial' option. Have been caught with on-line courses (not dog related) before so am very wary now, it can prove VERY difficult to get refunds, if at all!

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
I voted for interactive; and I'm not sure this is included but what would sell me on a course is one where you can post and get feedback on your videos, so the instructor and others can actually see what you're accomplishing and we're your getting stuck and offer personalized recommendations/coaching. Not sure if that is more intensive than what you we're thinking.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you all for your replies. :) I will take all of them into consideration on how I will package my new course. And of course, I also need to ask the average dog owner who doesn't come to forums to see if there is a difference. :)