Pick A Trick, Any Trick

kcmetric

Hey all, Chaplin split open both of his back paws yesterday and he can't go running for about a week. So I'll be needing to wear him out mentally and I can only run through his tasks for so long.

So pick a trick for me to teach! Nothing too advanced but medium or a little higher will be fine, as we haven't done straight up tricks in a while.

Mutt

Experienced Member
Headmovements, bodypart targetting (nose bridge touch, chin touch), opening mouth on cue, stacking bowls, crossing paws...

Interactive dog toys also are great (they challenge the dog to get to the treat by opening certain drawers, taking out pins, rolling a ball etc.)

Good luck with Chaplin and hope he heals soon :)

Caiti

Experienced Member
Ouch! I hope he gets better soon!

I would choose some engaging tricks that will keep him stimulated and his mind busy. How about teaching him to put his toys away into a toy box? Or to push a ball with his nose?

kassidybc

Experienced Member
I had the idea to teach them to nod yes or no to a subtle hand cue. Then you could invite people to ask them a yes or no question, and you could make them answer, and it would appear as if they were answering themself.