Photo's Gone Missing!!!!

Anneke

Honored Member
I appologise for the state of my posts... All my photo's have gone missing... My complete Photobucket account is showing broken links!!!
I'm in a complete panic!!! I use Photobucket A LOT!!!!
Only the thought of having to upload and replace links on my weblog, is giving me a headache!!
I send them an email and am waiting for an answer...
Anyone else having problems with Photobucket??
I have three accounts, of which two are having these issues. One I barely use is fine...

Anneke

Honored Member
Ok It was probably just Photobucket having problems, because everything is back to normal... Sigh of relieve.... Not had an answer yet, but some buttons aren't working right. But at least my photo's aren't missing anymore.
Wow that was really scary:ROFLMAO::whistle:

Anneke

Honored Member
I do have all these photo's on my pc, fortunately. So they are not gone.
But Photobucket, the site where I store my online photo's, to post them here and in my blog, had a problem. So over 2000 photo's were gone for a while.
Fortunately everything is back, with the appologies from Photobucket. They were very helpfull and friendly.
So it was just my online photo's. Which would mean none of you could see any photo's in my previous posts.
But they are back!!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Anneke, this is interesting to me, that you use photobucket to post photos on DTA, (?)since you mention you DO have the photos also stored into your computer, as well.
I do not use photobucket, at all, and just "select" a photo from the ones stored in my computer....
I just hit "upload a file" and then select "pictures" and then click on the photo i want,
and WA-LA! there it is!!

i wonder why you use photobucket to post photos here on DTA, since you DO have the photos stored into your computer anyway..?

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
A few years ago, i once lost a ton of photos, on some photo-hosting site, which closed down. I forget which one it was, but, it WAS a pretty big, wellknown photo hosting site.
I probably could have went in, and collected all my photos and saved them into a CD or someplace, but, i was unaware that site was closing down.:oops:

bummer. Now i am leary of photo-hosting sites.

Anneke

Honored Member
I do this, because I often use the same photo's in different places. Like here on the forum, but also a dutch forum, and on my weblog.
The only way I can post pictures on my log is by using an online Photostorage, it won't allow direct uploads.
And since I am a bit unpatient... It takes less time to upload the pictures once and then copie and paste the url to the different locations.
I used to be on another forum a lot and they prefered it to have linked photo's in stead of uploaded photo's as this takes up less serverspace. This is also why I resize my pictures most of the time.
These days it doesn't matter that much anymore, with all the fast internet, but a few years back, some internetconnections couldn't handle all those big pictures:D
So I guess it became kind of a habit.
And another benefit is, that I have access to my pictures anywhere I go. ;)

sara

Staff member
I'm getting some broken links too!!! Hopefully it resolves itself soon!!!

Tigerlily, Photobucket is a way for me to back up my pics, so I dont lose them if my computer crashes. And it's way better for me if you all use photobucket. It takes too long for attached pics to load, and scrolling down a page with attached pics really sucks! The photography thread, and the post your pic thread annoys me, because loading and scrolling takes way too long.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
ah, Sara i had no idea, no idea at all, my computer isn't like that at all, i see, oh man, what a bummer.
so, for computers like yours, Sara, then, if photo is attached, you see picture right away,
but if it is embedded into a post, then it takes a long time for picture to appear? is that right?

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
er, i mean, "oh noooo!";)

for real, i had no idea, shows what i know about computers. Is that cuz you have "dial up" is that what this is about? I hear this "dial up" is supposed to be frustrating, but, i've never used it to know.

wow, i bet videos are probably also hard to watch?

Anneke

Honored Member
No I have a broadband connection. It is pretty fast and my laptop is not that old eather.
But somehow uploaded pictures take a little longer to load. It's not all that bad, but I like to scroll to the bottom of the page to see the new comments and then the page keeps popping back up, because another picture has loaded. No problems in a thread with a few photo's, but in the post your pic thread it is annoying. (me being an impatient person...:oops:)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
OH, thank you for explaining this, i wonder, is it a laptop thing? I've never much worked on a laptop, maybe it is something to do with laptops?

Anneke, is it this same way for videos, as well?

Anneke

Honored Member
I don't know actually, if it is just the laptop. I have a pc upstairs, but because it is upstairs I don't use it a lot. I like to be in the comfy livingroom, with my boyfriend:D
Should try it and see what happens.
I haven't had any problems with watching vids, because they are linked. They come from you-tube, so they are not uploaded onto the DTA site.

sara

Staff member
Anneke, that's EXACTLY what I am dealing with! I annoys me enough that I usually dont look at those threads :( I'm not patient either! LOL but I do love pics... it just drives me bananas LOL

Anneke

Honored Member
Well, I'm on my pc now and it seems like those photo's are loading a whole lot faster then on my laptop. So I guess it could be a laptop thing. My pc has a lot more capacity ofcourse.;)