Not The Way To Teach Your Child Things

Discussion in 'General Dog Training' started by Mutt, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Mutt Experienced Member

Though this is something I think all DTA members agree on, I think this is a good illustration why.

2. Dogster Honored Member

I agree!!!!!(y) Great video, hopefully it will stop some people from using these horrible devices...
    jackienmutts and MaryK like this.
  3. madeleine Experienced Member

Good video!!!
    Let's hope it makes a point!!!
  4. MaryK Honored Member

Great video!!!!!!!!!!!! It should make people realize these devices are just terrible and very cruel!

May I post this on Ra Kismet's FaceBook Page please?
    madeleine, jackienmutts and Dogster like this.
  5. Mutt Experienced Member

Well it is not mine but from a dogtrainer/therapist, but I think that is fine since it has a clear goal (spreading the message) and is online on youtube !:)
    MaryK and madeleine like this.
  6. jackienmutts Honored Member

Great video!! I don't know how many times I've heard people say tho "well, I tried it on my arm and it didn't hurt at all, so I have no problem using it". Makes me sad. :( Was just 'lurking' on another forum a couple days ago, people talking about getting an e-collar (for e-fence for their dog, had shaved the dogs neck so prongs would make good contact etc), all were so supportive. It made me so sick, I had to quit reading. They're still so widely used, it's disgusting.
    MaryK, madeleine and Dogster like this.
  7. Mutt Experienced Member

:( though the fact that people don 't dare to test it while it is around their neck tells me enough...
  8. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

I had a friend who bought a bark shock collar for her dog. I told her my view on it and her response was "It didn't hurt when I put it on my arm." I told her since your dog isn't wearing it on his arm then it shouldn't be tested on her arm. She realized that I was right after some convincing, but she still believed that it was harmless/painless for the dog. She tested it on her neck to try and prove me wrong, but needless to say she never put it on her dog again.

I love the ad, its very clever! I might just have to share it on tumblr, facebook, and twitter.
  9. MaryK Honored Member

Thank you, I'll check the site before posting, but should be o.k. as it's on YouTube:) And I would think anyone would want to spread the message.
    madeleine likes this.
  10. MaryK Honored Member

It sure is disgusting and to actually shave the poor dog's neck that makes me feel literally sick!!!!!!!!!!!!:sick:
    madeleine likes this.
  11. MaryK Honored Member

I agree and I'd like to test in on the their necks, see if they continue to say 'it doesn't hurt'.
    madeleine likes this.
  12. Petlawn Member

Nice video... hope this will help people to stop using this kind of devices...