Nina Ottosson Puzzle Toys

sara

Staff member
So I bit the bullet and finally bought one... I chose a hard one, as 2 out of three are rather smart. Mouse and Oliver got it right away... Boo looked at me as if to say "Mom, YOU do it!" he's such a princess LOL

I have videos. this was their 4th session
Here's Oliver:

Here's Boo:

And I have to upload Mouse's again... I cant find it so it obviously didn't work :(

Oh and dont mind me, I have a cold and cant stop sniffing, and in Boo's video, Mouse keeps trying to climb over me, which is making Ollie get up so I'm talking to the others through it :)

Dogster

Honored Member
That looks like a GREAT puzzle toy!!!! :LOL: Do you put their meals in it??? I have an Aikiou, but it's too easy for Shivon. I'm trying to find her something else. What would you reccomend??? Also, where did you get that puzzle??? I went on the website but can't find a store where they're sold...

sara

Staff member
I bought mine at Global, but as every Global is different, I dunno if you can get it at one close to you.

Mouse and boo can get their whole meal in in two goes, but Oliver only gets about half, then he gets the rest in his bowl :) It's great for them to use their brains, and especially great for the Dachshunds to get their digging out of their systems LOL

sara

Staff member
They should be able to order you one in, if they dont have them :) There are a bunch of different ones, I chose this one because of the digging aspect, some are less for digging and more for nosing :)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
OHMIDAWG, I SO WANT ONE OF THESE!! Gosh, does that ever look fun for dogs! wow, i never even heard of these, but now i want one! SO CUTE, loved the vids!

Anneke

Honored Member
I love those puzzles, but they are so expensive...
I have bougth some cheaper ones by Karly
This one is the safe, pretty hard for Cooper:D
I thought I had a vid of the other puzzle but I guess I haven't uploaded it to youtube yet. I'll see if I can find the vid on my pc.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
I LOVE LOVE LOVE COOPER!! I love his self-calming yawn at minute 2:03, sweeeet. (maybe he was beginning to feel frustrated, so he self-calmed his lil self?) i love Cooper so much. He looks a bit like my last dog.

MOuse is soooo so cute, did great!

i wonder which of those puzzles is harder for most dogs....

Anneke

Honored Member
I can't find the vid off my other puzzle, so I'll put the dogs to work tomorrow. They haven't played it in a while, so it should be fun for them.

I like looking at how dogs solve these puzzles. They all do it different. Cooper is a whizz at picking up little cups, but lifting a lid was really hard for him. My friends golden retriever found lifting a lid easier than picking up.

LeviTheOutlaw

Hey everyone :) Has anyone tried the "linkables" dog puzzle toy by premier? they look pretty cool but I haven't found them in any pet store. I have a problem with Levi eating way too fast and I like the puzzles for feeding cuz it slows him way down. I just wondered if anyone had tried them before I order. They are a little pricey and I want to make sure I'm not just wasting my money.

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
These look so cool...and I keep meaning to get one for River. He has an interactive treat toy though that is like a plastic ball in the shape of a bee hive :poop: (like this just rounded on the top) that is weighted on the largest side and has a small whole on the longest side. River LOVES it! :D

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
those look so fun for dogs!!
Like great entertainment for a dog!!

Levi, just for slowing a dog's eating------maybe even the puzzle posted by Missy might make your dog slow down his eating, if that is your goal?