New To The Forum

Sopchoppy

We just adopted our 2nd rescue beagle from SOS Beagle Rescue. "Buddy" is a 10 month old classic Tri-color. He pretty much has learned "sit", working on "wait" and "down". About 8 our of 10 times, he will "come" when called. He still does not know that gnawing and chewing on things other than his toys is a "NO". We've had only one accident inside the house and that was a much my fault as his. He had drank more than I thought, taken a nap, and should have gone out as soon as he woke up. So far, he sleeps through the night in his crate.

I look forward to learning easier/better ways to train him and making his treats at home. He is on Blue Buffalo Chicken and Brown Rice and LOVES it.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
WELCOME!!!

AND GOOD ON YOU for rescuing a dog!! YAY!!:D

MAYBE something in this video might help with the chewing. Also, make sure your young dog is getting plenty of exercise, and IS being taught tricks (so he isn't chewing out of boredom)
and provide plenty of things he CAN chew on, like kongs, etc, and praise dog when he does chew those things.

Dlilly

Honored Member
Welcome! I LOVE Beagles! I don't own one, but I foster Beagles for the Atlanta Beagle Rescue. Definitely watch video Tigerlily posted. Kikopup uses all positive methods, and she has a bunch of other training videos on her youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/kikopup

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Welcome to the Academy! The "Puppies" forum also has some good threads on chewing, nipping, housetraining, and various other typical puppy issues. :) There are tons of trick ideas throughout the forum. If you have any questions, feel free to post them! We have many helpful members here.

Enjoy the site and good luck!

sara

Staff member
Welcome to the DTA!

Beagles are sooo cute! Everyone's already given you awesome info, so I'll just stick with welcome :)