New Members

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by usbound, Oct 22, 2012.

1. usbound New Member

Hello. We are a family of 4 in Pacifica, CA with 2 dogs. Heather is a 2 yr. old 4 lb. Yorkie we bought from Yorkies R Us. Rufus is a 2ish yr. old Lab/Rottie/Hound Mix from HALO Rescue in Antioch, CA. We are trying to work with our dogs every day by utilizing the nothing for free type of training. What we are hoping to find here are some ideas to use to keep our lives fun, exciting & fresh. Thank you all!
    MaryK likes this.

2. Dogster Honored Member

Hi and Welcome!!!!:D We'd love to see some pics of your dogs!!!!:) Teaching tricks is a GREAT way to keep training fun (for both owner and dog) Start with simple tricks, such as sit, lie down, roll over, paw, play dead, and you can work your way up to advanced tricks such as hold/carry an object, U-turn, painting, etc. You will have an unbreakable bond (if you use positive reinforcement, of course:D ) and you will impress all your family and friends. Clickers are great training tools, you can learn more about them here:
    MaryK and southerngirl like this.
  3. southerngirl Honored Member

Welcome. I would love to see some pictures.
    Dogster's suggestions are great I can't think of anything to add to it at the moment.
    Dogster and MaryK like this.
  4. MaryK Honored Member

Welcome and do post some pics, we all adore pics of the dogs:D

Agree Southerngirl, Dogster has said it all, great post!(y):D
    Dogster likes this.
  5. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

Welcome to DTA! I too would love to see some picture of your dogs! :)
    MaryK likes this.
  6. jackienmutts Honored Member

Hi and welcome. Dogster has given a great welcome, and we'd love to see pics. Perhaps down the line we can share more ideas with you.
    MaryK and Dogster like this.
  7. Dlilly Honored Member

MaryK likes this.
  8. Gracegeorgina Experienced Member

Hello and Welcome! I hope you post some pictures!
    MaryK likes this.