ProjectErin

My name is Erin, and I am "mom" to two dachshunds, and foster mom to one collie service-dog-in-training. I am passionate about animals which my resume clearly shows. :) I think I've had ONE job in the past seven that have not been dog related. ;) I got involved in dog training when I recieved my first puppy in training in 2006, and am constantly searching for new information, and learning new things such as positive reinforcement and am glad to find yet another venue that I can talk with other owners and pros.

Adrianna & Calvin

Experienced Member
Hi Erin, and welcome! I have a very good friend who teaches at the UT vet school ... hopefully you'll never need to take a dog there, though! I was in Knoxville a few months ago for my friend's wedding, which her two mutts attended, of course :)

How did you come to foster a service pup?

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Hi Erin and welcome! You've found a great place to hang out and join in lots of conversation. Feel free to jump in anywhere - we haven't bitten anyone in quite a while. :LOL: Please post a pic of your pups when you can - we do love pics!!

ProjectErin

Hi Erin, and welcome! I have a very good friend who teaches at the UT vet school ... hopefully you'll never need to take a dog there, though! I was in Knoxville a few months ago for my friend's wedding, which her two mutts attended, of course :)

How did you come to foster a service pup?
I started fostering/raising service dogs in 2006, a friend of mine was doing it and it seemed like fun to be able to take your dog with you everywhere, so I convinced my parents to let me do it, and have been raising ever since. Of course its become much more than "being able to take your dog everywhere" cause believe me, that got old fast. Now I realize how important these guys are to their handlers and now I can't imagine not doing it! :)

Dogster

Honored Member
Welcome!!!!!!!:) We'd love to see some pictures of your dogs!!!! Sounds like you'll fit right in!!!! Enjoy the site!!!!:D