New House Mates (please Vote For Us) :d

Evie

Experienced Member
My partner and I have recently acquired two little monster kittens. They were left at my house by a family member when neither of my partner nor I were home.... I think it was his way of saying "Merry Christmas". Pity we didn't need two kittens. ANYWAY, we love our little monsters and had a bit of a photo shoot with them

If you'd be kind enough to vote for us please follow this link and vote for "monster's first christmas" (You have to be signed into Facebook for it to work). We've entered a local photo competition with our vet and would love some extra votes :D It's a pity that my laptop was having a bad day and didn't upload my pic properly.... and left a line through the middle of it... and I can't re-upload it either as you can only enter once :( The winner gets a hamper which includes voucher for my vet etc. Would be a very handy thing to get especially considering I have two new house guests.

The original is posted below, with a few others :D

MaryK

Honored Member
Absolutely fabulous photos Evie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) What a lovely Christmas present, two little kittens:D Just adore the photo with the one kitten on top of the scratchy post and the other below:love:

O.K. so names, sex and other details please!!!!!!!!!!!! And how's Evie B taking to her two new companions? She looks really cool in the photos:cool:

Just a word of warning, watch the kittens with tinsel, they can chew/swallow it and then it's an urgent trip to the vets!

Going over to vote for you now:D Good luck you deserve the win!!!!!!!!!!

Evie

Experienced Member
Thanks guys!

We believe the black and white one is a male, and the one with bits of ginger is definitely a female...... Neither have names so any suggestions are more than welcome.

Mary, it's ok, the tinsel was only out for the photos, the kittens can't get to it now :-)

Oh and Evie absolutelyLOVES Her kittens. She thinks they are the best Christmas present ever!. She follows them everywhere lol.... Constant supervisor. She doesn't want to hurt them, just wants to keep am eye on them. She even gives them kisses lol. They have also accepted her and are no longer scared of her constantly standing over them :-)

MaryK

Honored Member
Didn't think you'd let them get near tinsel :D Evie is just ADORABLE, she's such a gentle little lassie, wish Ra Kismet would kiss the cats instead of trying to pull Maeve's tail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Names, well what came to mind immediately for the little girl was Mistletoe she's a Christmas Baby:D And for the little boy Klaus - again a Christmas Theme:D
Or Smudge for the boy cuz he's got a little sooty smudge on his face.
Pickles and Lilly
Chantelle and Henri

What I do with finding names, is 'ask' the animal. Try a few names and they will respond to the one they want. I did this with Maeve and LOL she turned her little nose up at Tawny but the moment I said Maeve she responded!

Same with Ra Kismet, the lady at the shelter couldn't believe how he 'knew' his name.

Now you'll have to start clicker training them both:D We'll all want videos of Evie and the Kitties doing their act together!:D

Evie

Experienced Member
Didn't think you'd let them get near tinsel :D Evie is just ADORABLE, she's such a gentle little lassie, wish Ra Kismet would kiss the cats instead of trying to pull Maeve's tail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Names, well what came to mind immediately for the little girl was Mistletoe she's a Christmas Baby:D And for the little boy Klaus - again a Christmas Theme:D
Or Smudge for the boy cuz he's got a little sooty smudge on his face.
Pickles and Lilly
Chantelle and Henri

What I do with finding names, is 'ask' the animal. Try a few names and they will respond to the one they want. I did this with Maeve and LOL she turned her little nose up at Tawny but the moment I said Maeve she responded!

Same with Ra Kismet, the lady at the shelter couldn't believe how he 'knew' his name.

Now you'll have to start clicker training them both:D We'll all want videos of Evie and the Kitties doing their act together!:D

LOL!!! I did plan on trying to clicker train them... but I'm honestly not sure how to get their attention in the first place..... we'll see how I go. At the very least I want to teach them both to sit lol

southerngirl

Honored Member
I really like Klaus for a boy like MaryK suggested.
Names: Noel, Gift, Eve, Merry, Santa The reindeer names; Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Doner and Blitzen,
Ginger and Spice, Nessie(to go with your little monster kitties.)

Dogster

Honored Member
Great name suggestions!!!:D

Christmas names: Elf, Berry, Holly, Ivy, Juniper, Pine, Spruce, Bell, Carol, Rudolph, December, Cookie, Angel, Candy

(I really like Mary's suggestions- Noel and Klaus.:))

MaryK

Honored Member
If you ever manage to get them to allow being groomed, please pass on the secret! I'm still working on that with Maeve and so far she's winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Guess maybe pretend they're dogs and load the clicker?????

Try a feather on a stick as a 'target' to get their attention. No guarantees but it just may work!

I have taught one cat, my late Buddha, to sit and also stay but he was more 'dog' than cat in many ways. Plus come when called, almost forgot that one.:D

Evie

Experienced Member
They cheated!!! A bengal's only half a cat, I swear the leopard half is the half which gave them an attention span. I can't find any treat enticing enough to hold my kitten's attention for more than half a second..... lol

little monsters.

On the plus side, Evie has adopted this one as her own.

MaryK

Honored Member
LOL yes Evie it was def the Bengal half!!!!!!!! Your little ones maybe just a wee bit too young????? LOVED Evie B with the little boy, her new boyfriend:love: