New Here :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Miller and Brittany, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Miller and Brittany Active Member

Hi my name is Brittany and my best friend is a havanese named Miller. He is 16 months old and we just started agility, when we begin trailing, we will be one of the only junior handler teams in our area! We train using clicker training and positive reinforcement. Here are a few pictures of him. March 2012 075.JPG March 2012 118.JPG

2. Dogster Honored Member

Welcome!!!!!!:D Awww, what a cutie!!!!!:love::love: I'm glad you use clicker training and positive reinforcement!!! That;s great!!! It really is the best method to train a dog.:) Agility is SUPER fun, Shivon and I really enjoy it, and I bet you will too.:) If you need any advice or have any questions, just ask! Have fun on the site!!!:D
    Tâmara Vaz and MaryK like this.
  3. jackienmutts Honored Member

Hi and welcome! Miller is adorable :love:.
  4. Gracegeorgina Experienced Member

Oh my god, Miller is absolutely stunning!! I love scruffy dogs!!! :D
  5. Miller and Brittany Active Member

Thank you. Its funny you should say that because one of the nick names he has been givin is scruffers, and he responds to it, LOL
  6. Evie Experienced Member

Welcome!!! So glad you chose to use positive reinforcement as your training method :D

Evie and I will be starting agility soon too!

Enjoy the forum :)
  7. MaryK Honored Member

Welcome!!!!!!:D Miller is just ADORABLE:love: I'm another fan of scruffy dogs:love: Love his nickname and LOL that he answers to it as well:D

So VERY pleased you're using Positive Reinforcement for training, it really is the only, safe, kind and loving way to train:D(y) . And as such brings out the very best in any dog!

Agility work is heaps of fun, my late dog Tiger Lily absolutely LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!

Any questions, just jump in and post, you'll find everyone here is so helpful.

Enjoy the forum and have fun!:D
    Tâmara Vaz likes this.
  8. Dlilly Honored Member

Hello and welcome!! =)
  9. Dlyteful Active Member

Hello! I love the picture of Miller in his blue hat. That is so dang cute. Layla needs one. lol. Welcome!!!
  10. Miller and Brittany Active Member

It was very hard to get him to wear the hat, we had to combine head down, leave it and stay, so it took a long time for the picture to get taken.
  11. Jean Cote Administrator

Nice looking dog, glad to welcome you to the DTA! :)
    Tâmara Vaz, Dogster and MaryK like this.
  12. Gracegeorgina Experienced Member

Is he a purebreed Havanese or a cross of some sort?(if he was rescued you may not know for sure), as I have really fallen in love with him :whistle: :D
  13. Puppylove Well-Known Member

Miller sure has good looks!!!
  14. Miller and Brittany Active Member

March 2012 030.JPG March 2012 014.JPG
    he is a purebred havanese, here are some more pictures
  15. Miller and Brittany Active Member

16. MaryK Honored Member

ADORABLE - A real heart throb, I'm in LOVE:love:
  17. Gracegeorgina Experienced Member

Oh my god he is soooo cute!! How much does he weigh?
    MaryK and Tâmara Vaz like this.
  18. Dogster Honored Member

Awwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!:love::love::love: He's so CUTE!!!!!:love:
  19. Miller and Brittany Active Member

He weighs about 15 pounds
  20. Gracegeorgina Experienced Member

Ooops sorry for not coming back sooner, thanks! I've been reading up on the breed and it's said that they are extremely loyal and smart.. will definitely be considering getting a havanese in the near future ;)
    MaryK likes this.