New Breed... Australian Sand Shepherds

Discussion in 'Off-Topic & Chit Chat' started by Anneke, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Anneke Honored Member

:eek:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    :rolleyes:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Here is how the breed came about...
    Take two Australian shepherds and add al little water
    [IMG]
    Then add some sand
    [IMG]
    And more sand
    [IMG]
    And some more sand
    [IMG]
    What is the purpose of this new breed? To collect and bring home as much sand as they can find and then spread out the sand in the house slowly over the course of the evening:ROFLMAO::cool::p

2. Dogster Honored Member

HAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I believed you, for a second there!!!:LOL: Too funny Anneke!!!!:LOL:
    So, how do you like having Australian Sand Shepherds?:p
    Great pics, btw!!!:)
    MaryK and Anneke like this.
  3. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

Oh My God! I would go crazy if Remi got that sandy. :ROFLMAO: I would love to take him to the beach but his recall isn't strong enough yet.
    MaryK and Anneke like this.
  4. southerngirl Honored Member

I so feel for it.:oops: Your Australian sand Shepards are adorable.:ROFLMAO:
    MaryK, Dogster and Anneke like this.
  5. Anneke Honored Member

Well... lets just say... it's sandy:LOL::ROFLMAO:

I don't mind them being dirty, especcially when they had so much fun. They clean up pretty well by themselves and the vaccuum does the rest.
    I am considering pulling out the laminate floor and just putting in sand...:cool:
    MaryK, Dogster and southerngirl like this.
  6. Evie Experienced Member

Lol they look like they had a blast!!!

Evie comes home looking like that quite often too.... :rolleyes::ROFLMAO: Does that make her a Sand Collie? :p
    MaryK, Anneke, Dogster and 1 other person like this.
  7. Dice Smith Well-Known Member

LOL I seriously can't stop laughing!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I totally fell for it! I was like omg I have to see what kind of breed this is. Hahahaha they look extra huggable now. :D And your photos are so amazing! The close up of Cooper's face is flawless, it make me wanna steal him! ;)
    MaryK, Anneke, Dogster and 1 other person like this.
  8. Pawtential Unleashed Experienced Member

LOLOLOL

Now my crew do the same but then they bring it all into the bed!! Gracious after a good lake romp I am finding sand in weird places for weeks!
    MaryK, Dogster and Anneke like this.
  9. madeleine Experienced Member

Oeeeh i think this new breed comes also in a other variantion, the australian sand kelpie :)
    MaryK, Anneke and Dogster like this.
  10. Linda A Experienced Member

Too funny!! Loved the photos!
    MaryK likes this.
  11. Adrianna & Calvin Experienced Member

I suspect that if you do a back-cross with a garden hose that has good water pressure, you will get the Aussies back :-)

Now this breed, the Mud Puppy, is hopeless. It doesn't smell too great either. Photo0833.jpg

Sadly, the use of a tub only creates another breed, the doe-eyed Whaddidowrong Pup:
    IMG_0390.jpg
    dogcrazy, MaryK, Linda A and 4 others like this.
  12. Anneke Honored Member

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    MaryK likes this.
  13. Dogster Honored Member

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Awww!!:love:
    MaryK likes this.
  14. Dlilly Honored Member

Haha, I thought you were serious. XP

I LOVE Sand Shepherds!! They look like fun dogs! ;)
    MaryK and Dogster like this.
  15. Caiti Experienced Member

Adorable! When it comes to bath time, I own a doe-eyed whatdididowrong pup :p
    MaryK and Dogster like this.
  16. MaryK Honored Member

I cannot stop laughing at BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Seriously, I did fall for the new breed good one Anneke!!!!!!! Just love that breed though, and your photos are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!:love: Hum, new style of decor, inside sand pit for dogs, could catch on, you never know.;)

A & C I know that look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had one myself, now I have the "I'm gonna report you to Animal Welfare for cruelty to your loving dog" look from Zeus. Ra Kismet just give me the "I wanna play, hey don't you wanna share my bath time too" look and also physically 'shares' bath time with me.
  17. sara Moderator

HA HA HA HA HA OMG that was funny!!! I so got suckered!!! I gotta get in on this

Here's another Recipe for a new breed

Take a wheat-coloured Terrier
    [IMG]

Add in a puddle of pure clay silt
    [IMG]

and you get the Clay-legged Terrier!
    [IMG]

You can change it up a little and put the Terrier in a Mud pit to get a Mud-legged Terrier
    [IMG]

or a Mud face and legged Terrier
    [IMG]

The one I see here most, though, is the snow Terrier
    [IMG]

:)
    dogcrazy, Anneke, MaryK and 2 others like this.
  18. Dogster Honored Member

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
    MaryK likes this.
  19. blacknym Experienced Member

Haha!!! Those are all great pictures!!! Love it!
    MaryK likes this.
  20. MaryK Honored Member

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Lucky you Sara, SIX different breeds in the one dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: Great pics, love them!:love:
    Dogster likes this.