Mudflap The Border Collie

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Mudflap is my 7-ish year old tricolor Border Collie. I had wanted a Border Collie forever, and was searching Petfinder when I found her at a local shelter. When I went to meet her at her foster's house, she stole my heart right away. The whole time I was there, we played fetch. She obviously loved it. :) Mudflap has always been very happy-go-lucky and seems very in love with life. You can't be unhappy around her because she's always so chipper you can't help but smile. Mudflap and her sister were both in a junkyard when the shelter found them. They were malnourished and tick infested. They were taken in by an amazing foster where they lived with 15 other Border Collies--all rescues! Talk about an active household. Mudflap fit right in to our little family, and quickly became Zeke's security blanket. He was and is still very attached to her. :love:

Mudflap loves loves loves to learn new tricks. When the clicker comes out she gets super excited and is very eager to learn. It's funny to watch her trying to figure things out. She definitely enjoys training! Before we moved to our current home, Mud and I did trick demonstrations for schools in our area. She is a complete ham and she loves kids so this was right up her alley. She is the most photogenic dog I have ever known; she literally poses every time you take her picture. Lol she is quite the character.

Mud currently knows:

Sit
Down
Stand
Stay
Come
Wait
Shake
Wave
High Five
Up High
Beg
Stick 'em Up
March
Peekaboo!
Paw Targetting
Nose Targetting
Chin Targetting
Boo! (Same as shy/hide your eyes/etc)
Bang!
Roll Over
Touch
Kisses
Take it
Drop it
Kennel
Pick up anything I drop and bring it to hand
Get my keys
Get a kleenex
Heel
Finish left
Switch sides
What do boy dogs do? (hikes leg)
Weave
Figure 8s
Easter Egg Hunt
Directed Jumping
Hold
Go!
Hut, hut, HIKE! (hikes a football)
Pivoting
Say Your Prayers
Get Up
Take my socks off
Get a drink from the fridge
Crawl

I know I've forgotten a bunch, so I'll have to edit later. Now for pictures! :LOL:

I have a million pictures but I'll stop here haha. :X3:

MaryK

Honored Member
Mudflap is just ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!! I'm in LOVE big time:love::love: Her trick list is very impressive, can see she just loves to train and learn more. And woweeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! She sure is a real Canine Model Extradordinaire, she really does pose for the camera. LOL so jealous my boy is more keen on examining the camera than posing:rolleyes:

brody_smom

Experienced Member
What a lovely girl, and what an amazing story. It's always fun to hear how people and their pets come together. Petfinder is such an awesome resource. We didn't find Brody on it, but we went to the shelter to visit a dog we did find on the website when we saw Brody and his sister. They actually weren't up for adoption yet as they had yet to be altered. So it was good timing for us to go in when we did, as no one else had seen them yet.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Thanks everyone. :) Her name has always been Mudflap, and I didn't see any sense in changing it because it fits her. She looooves mud. If there is a teeny tiny puddle outside she will find a way to cover herself in it! And, the very back of her back legs are black...so not sure if she was named because this reminded them of mud flaps, or because of her love of mud.