Mouse- Mini Dachshund

sara

Staff member
actually, her "proper" breed title is Shorthair Black and Tan Double Dapple Mini Dachshund :)

Mouse is a 4 year old (Born around Christmas time, 2008) totally deaf, partly blind, missing half a foot, has allergies, and has had 3 seizures, (but none since Christmas, so I don't think it's epilepsy), and is the happiest dog I know! She is so goofy and fun, and just lives every day like it's the BEST day EVER! lol

Mouse was rescued in Spokane, WA, by a Great Dane rescuer, whom I'd taken a deaf/vi Dane to the previous fall, when she was 4 months old. She was kept outside, in the winter, with a "nice bed of straw to sleep on". I drove down, once I could get through the mountains, in May, so she got to live with 8 Great Danes for 6 weeks :) she ruled the roost, even as a 4 month old :)

When I first got Mouse, I had a hard time training her. I was still in the "mostly luring camp" and it took her forever to learn something new, if I could teach it to her at all. but after a couple of years, I figured out that she cant learn from luring. food in front of her = brain focused solely on food, and turned off to everything else. She does BRILLIANTLY with shaping and free shaping, and one click will have her repeating the behaviour indefinitely :) she has learned most of her tricks in the last 2 years, once I figured out how she can learn :)

Here's her Trick List

and now for her video

A trick video

and pictures!
the day I met her 5 months old

ok so I could keep going and going, but I'll stop here!

MaryK

Honored Member
Mouse is the cutest, smart little lassie I have ever seen. I just LOVE her tricks:love: She's such a happy doggy too, a wonderful example of how to live life!

Dogster

Honored Member
She's soooooo CUTE!!!!:love::love: I love her!!! Who couldn't fall in love with that face??:love: I love all her tricks, and the way she does them is just too cute!!!