Mom To 2 Ess

Morganlefay2003

Slow learner in obedience training. Am interested in learning to be more observant of my dogs and how they learn. Younger is very environmentally aware and finds being in obedience ring scary. Older just finds what is going on very interesting! Me less so.

MaryK

Honored Member
A very good book to learn about training and behavior is Pamela Dennisons book The Idiots Guide to Positive Reinforcement Training. She goes into how a dog behaves/reacts/what makes them tick and how to train using the clicker. Are you using a clicker? It's the only and best way, proven by science, to train and will definitely get your dog's attention.

Morganlefay2003

A very good book to learn about training and behavior is Pamela Dennisons book The Idiots Guide to Positive Reinforcement Training. She goes into how a dog behaves/reacts/what makes them tick and how to train using the clicker. Are you using a clicker? It's the only and best way, proven by science, to train and will definitely get your dog's attention.
Yes I do use clicker training! Have a whole library of books. Took Kathy Sdao seminar. Was scheduled to go to Clicker Expo, but my younger dog got Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia (IMHA) and that kept me home and kept all of us out of obedience for over a year. So I know the theory, need to be more observant of my girls' behavior.

Dogster

Honored Member
Welcome to DTA!!!!:) We would love to learn more about your dogs!! And please post some pics of them, we love pics!!!:D