Missy Playing Fetch In The Backyard - Breakthrough! (lots Of Photos!)

MissyBC

Experienced Member
Just to remind all of you... it took forever for Missy to get the idea of playing Fetch in the backyard...
Well... my patience and training has started to pay off!
I hope you all enjoy the photos as much as I enjoyed taking them.​
Missy posing with the ball. :love:
Waiting for it to land... or to catch it, we'll see...​
She's almost got it....​
Look... I caught it!!​
Doing her "bounce!" trick. :)
Just chilling...​
Crossing her paws! <3​
Back to playing...​

MissyBC

Experienced Member
So cute!! She is getting so much better! You guys are so great together!
Thanks, Kassidy! Here's what's been working: If she runs back and forth in our yard like she usually does in the beginning - you can see her track in photos 3 and 4, that's fine with me, but... if she starts to bark, I tell her "Gentle Leader" :cautious:, and she settles right down and focuses on the ball. She doesn't like the thought of wearing her Gentle Leader... I don't think I'd want to wear one on my nose either... :ROFLMAO:, so I can totally understand.

MaryK

Honored Member
Congratulations!!!!!!!! Love the photos, you and Missy are a fantastic pair!:love::D

I'm with Brody's Mom, very jealous of your back garden, and all that lovely, delicious SNOW!:D

Plus, you've given me hope, still working with Leaf on fetch! Never give up I guess is the motto for dog lovers/trainers!

MissyBC

Experienced Member
Congratulations!!!!!!!! Love the photos, you and Missy are a fantastic pair!:love::D

Plus, you've given me hope, still working with Leaf on fetch! Never give up I guess is the motto for dog lovers/trainers!
That's always been my motto for anything and everything: "Never give up!". Leaf will get there. I fell off a horse, last May, her name was Grace, smiled all the way down :ROFLMAO: (I felt like I was flying... -- I fell off the left side of her shoulder), jumped up and got right back on! Did I give up?? No! and all I got was a rein burn on my left pinky finger. I think I got lucky! (y)

MaryK

Honored Member
That's always been my motto for anything and everything: "Never give up!". Leaf will get there. I fell off a horse, last May, her name was Grace, smiled all the way down :ROFLMAO: (I felt like I was flying... -- I fell off the left side of her shoulder), jumped up and got right back on! Did I give up?? No! and all I got was a rein burn on my left pinky finger. I think I got lucky! (y)
I'm right with you! I've always hoped back on when I've taken a tumble from a horse, except the one time my mare decided not to wait for me to get up and headed for home. Then I walked, and walked and walked some more! Don't you just love horses:love::rolleyes:

MissyBC

Experienced Member
I'm right with you! I've always hoped back on when I've taken a tumble from a horse, except the one time my mare decided not to wait for me to get up and headed for home. Then I walked, and walked and walked some more! Don't you just love horses:love::rolleyes:
I sure do! :love:

ackerleynelson

She is very cute and i love the pictures. You can give her advanced training by the professional dog trainers. Dog training classes include family dog obedience program,pet therapy, weight pull, conformation, competitive obedience etc.