Missy- Border Collie/lab

southerngirl

Honored Member
Birthday: Febuary 18, 2006(?)
Sex: Female/Spayed
Favorite Food: Cheese, Hot dogs
Favorite toy: Tug Rope
Favorite trick: anything that has to do with her paws

How I got Missy: Missy is my crazy girl. Me and my family found her when she was six months old. Missy was walking around on a walking trail. She was dehydrated, her paws were bleeding from walking for so long and she had a red mark on her neck. We brought her home. We weren't suppose to keep her but, I begged my mom and she said yes.
Who is Missy- As a puppy Missy was nutz, crazy, hyper, energizer bunny. She destroyed, my shoes, my birds playground, my carpet(pee monster) chewed a hole in my wall and many other things, she was worth it. Missy is submissive toward boys, but not nearly as badly as she used to be. She loves everyone, but my dad who she's scared of. She has calmed down a lot.Missy loves playing frisbee, fetch, jogs, long walks, water(swimming water). She knows when it's time for play and time to chill. She is getting better with car rides.
Problems- Missy now has two dog friends. We are still working on her not flipping out when she see's dogs. The reason she flips out is because she is frustrated she can't just go see them.
1. Sit
2. Lie Down
3. Roll over
4. Stay
5. Here
6.Bang
7. Take it
8. Carry basket
9. put eggs in basket
10. Say your prayers
11. Spin left
12. Spin Right
13. Jump through Hula Hop
14. Jump over back(while kneeling
15. Jump over arms
16. Jump over legs
17. jump over bar
18. U-turn
19 circle
20. crawl
21. Beg
22. cover eyes
23. Cross Paws
24. High Five
25. Paddy Cake
26. Cop-Cop
27.Back up
28. Paw Left
29. Paw Right
30. Jump into arms
31. Shut door
32. walks on loose leash(unless another dog is spotted)
33. Give me ten
34. Wait
35. Stop
36. Turn Left
37. Turn right
38. Bed(my bedroom)
39. Stand
40. Bow
41. Ladder( I lay a ladder down folded and she runs between the steps)
42. Weave(through my legs)
43. Figure 8
44. Peek a Boo
45. Catch a Fresbee
46. Watch me
47. Porch(goes onto porch)
48. Down(get off furniture)
49. Leave it
50. Hide(when it's bath time she hides from me:LOL:)
51. Find(I cheat at hide in seek by having Missy Find my brothers)
52.Find (toys
53.Jump through arms
54. Chorus line up
55. Pick up iteams
56. Moonwalk
57. Help me up
58. Are you cold?
59. Clean up.
60. Back vault
61. Back stall
62. Back up onto objects
63. Tunnel
64. open CD player
65. Hug my leg
66. Target
67. reverse(walk backwards between my legs from a distance)
68. Free time(go sniff while on walks)
69, All Done(sniff time over)
70. Easy
71. Crunches
72.) Hug your sister
73.) rebound
74) hug a teddy bear
75) Stand Tall 76) Limp

MaryK

Honored Member
Missy is awesome:love: And has a VERY impressive trick list:love: Don't forget, the more calm and confident you become when walking her, the calmer and more confident, less reactive, she'll become! Your energy flies down that leash like lightening:) You're doing a really fantastic job with her, keep up the good work.:D(y)

brody_smom

Experienced Member
She loves everyone, but my dad who she's scared of.
So how does your dad handle Missy? I ask because our Brody( also a Border Collie mix) is reactive to my husband, who is not a dog person, but was kind enough to let the rest of us get one. Brody reacts every time Dad gets up and moves around, does a silly dance or sings. He will move toward Dad, growling and barking. I have asked Dad to feed him or offer him treats for obeying a command, but he would rather just ignore him and hopes the situation will resolve itself. I have taken to either preempting the behavior by offering treats when Brody is quiet when Dad comes home or comes downstairs, or rushing to the rescue when Brody starts to bark or growl because Dad has gotten out of his chair to get a cup of coffee.

southerngirl

Honored Member
So how does your dad handle Missy? I ask because our Brody( also a Border Collie mix) is reactive to my husband, who is not a dog person, but was kind enough to let the rest of us get one. Brody reacts every time Dad gets up and moves around, does a silly dance or sings. He will move toward Dad, growling and barking. I have asked Dad to feed him or offer him treats for obeying a command, but he would rather just ignore him and hopes the situation will resolve itself. I have taken to either preempting the behavior by offering treats when Brody is quiet when Dad comes home or comes downstairs, or rushing to the rescue when Brody starts to bark or growl because Dad has gotten out of his chair to get a cup of coffee.
My dad doesn't pay Missy any attention really, except once in a blue moon he'll pet her. Missy just runs to my room tail tucked between legs if my dad is yelling whether it's at her or not or if he tries to call her over to him to give her food. For Brody get him to offer another behavior every time your husband does something that he would react at. Such as when your husband starts goofing off have Brody sit and watch you or go to his space(can be a blanket that's laid out of the way) and lay down. Try to have treats close by so that they are there when you need them. If you can't get Brody's attention try getting him further away from your husband so he's under threshold and work with him there.

southerngirl

Honored Member
So I finally found a pic of Missy's first accidental litter.

From Left to right. Freckles(Now Snoopy), Sweetie, Follower, Little One(Thor), Rowdy, (Curious(Domino)RIP) So it's hard to see Little on because he is so small but he is right beside Domino's arm.
Here is a pic of Domino all grown up and Sweetie(I'll post another one of Sweetie later)