Min Pins!!!

blacknym

Experienced Member
"The Miniature Pinscher is a hardy little fellow who is proud and courageous. He is loyal to his master, spirited and alert with high energy. Intelligent, lively and brave. Generally good with other pets and children so long as the humans provide proper leadership toward the dog. Its behavior depends entirely upon how you treat the dog. Do not let this sweet little dog fall into the Small Dog Syndrome, human induced behaviors where he believes he is pack leader to humans. That is when problems start to arise. The dog will become demanding, headstrong and will begin to bark more than you wish. If you allow this, the dog may become a tyrant. If you are not this dog’s pack leader, it will become protective and may become very aggressive with other dogs. It can also become rather suspicious towards strangers. The Miniature Pinscher can learn extremely well and wants very much to do so. It is certainly beneficial for its socialization to take the dog to puppy courses where it can meet other dogs and people. You will be amazed at how fast the Miniature Pinscher understands and obeys you. Pay particular attention when housebreaking this little Pinscher, since a little puddle from such a small dog can easily be overlooked; the dog may get the idea that you are happy to accept it fulfilling its natural needs indoors. Beware, this little dog will chew small objects and may choke on them. Do not overfeed this breed. A balanced Min Pin will not have the behavior problems listed above. If it truly has rules, boundaries, limitations, a true pack leader and a daily pack walk, it will be a wonderful family companion."

Got this Decription from a website. All very true from my experience with Deja! Lol

Attachments

southerngirl

Honored Member
Personally I don't like the site for info on dog breeds cause they have the whole show the dog whose boss thing going on. But I love Min Pins.:)

freedomdreams

I agree. I do love that site but every dog has the next to same dominance view which is annoying but it's otherwise wonderful.

blacknym

Experienced Member
Yeah I just ignore that. Lol and yes I think that is where it came from.

I think min pins just need a lot of attention and mental stimulation. :)