4. Come
  5. Leave it
  6. Drop it
  7. Which hand?
  8. Shake
  9. High five
  10. Wait
  11. Okay (release word)
Mia knows very little for several reasons, she is very submissive and just offers appeasement gestures during training when the expected reward is withheld instead of offering behaviors. If appeasement gestures don't appear to appease she shuts down completely and slinks away LOL. She is also very easy to manage, so formal training hasn't been as necessary. As an extremely soft dog generally a stern look keeps her from ever doing something naughty again. Also she's really mostly my daughter's dog, her shadow, so mostly DD has worked with her at the level she and Mia are at.

Toys-She loves all toys, especially tug toys

Habits-Mia follows my daughter everywhere and spends a ton of time with her in her room. She is very shy meeting new people, loves all other dogs and to play, play, play. She still boredom chews sometimes.

Problems-The overly submissive thing I mentioned. Chewing on occasion, and jumping. She is very puppyish in every way.

Strengths-She is super sweet, smallest of the dogs so easy to have on a lap, and it always feels like we still have a puppy in the house because Mia is what I call a perpetual pup. I hope that never changes.

Temperament-shy, high to moderate energy level, playful, very affectionate and sweet, this is the dog that always shows her belly, wants to lick you in the face, paw to show she wants to play, this is my peter pan pup, acting like a pup works so well for her I don't know that she'll ever give it up!

And anything else you'd like us to know-this is my DD's heart dog! My daughter is disabled with a serious mental illness, so you could call Mia a "therapy dog" because she keeps my daughter grounded, gives her a sense of responsibility to another, keeps her from isolating, listens and never judges. Mia, even mostly untrained, helps us in this house a lot in her way.

MaryK

Honored Member
Mia is a very special and beautiful lady, those beautiful soft eyes, just so sweet:love: . That's so heart warming she's DD's 'heart dogs', that's obviously her purpose in life, wonderful and very, very special.

MaryK

Honored Member
She is a sweet, sweet girl. Not a lot of training to brag about, but when a dog gives back that much, who says they need to know 50 commands and 100 tricks? ;)
Very true!!!! Each dog has it's own special and unique purpose in life and your girlie sure has found hers:love: