Me And Alf Trying Rally O First Time In 1 Year

Gordykins

Experienced Member
Not too bad after a long break from it! Alf was pretty focused on you, and that's half the battle (at least for us it is!)

I don't have small dogs, but I have heard people who do have small dogs say that they avoid bending down by using a long handled spoon with peanut butter on the end as a reward. I think that they are doing that so that they dog can better read their body language with upright posture.

Vizzla

Experienced Member
Yes it is hard to always bend down :) Maybe that will work to. :) When he is in the right mood he realy likes rally-o.

Vizzla

Experienced Member
I need helt training left turns. I often trip over him. Got the tip to let Alf back around me instead of me going round him?
What do you say?

kassidybc

Experienced Member
Nice job! I always used to trip over Chloe, what helped us was I started putting out my opposite hand as I turned left, and kind of waving it towards her with an open palm. Eventually she understood that when I put out my right hand that we were going to be turning left and she made sure to turn left with me/get of my way so she didn't get tripped over.