Me And Alf Trying Rally O First Time In 1 Year

Discussion in 'Dog Sports' started by Vizzla, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Vizzla Experienced Member

This is us trying it for the first time in 1 year. Just trying on som movements.... Laught with us not at us ;-)
    Ripleygirl, Anneke and southerngirl like this.

2. Gordykins Experienced Member

Not too bad after a long break from it! Alf was pretty focused on you, and that's half the battle (at least for us it is!)

I don't have small dogs, but I have heard people who do have small dogs say that they avoid bending down by using a long handled spoon with peanut butter on the end as a reward. I think that they are doing that so that they dog can better read their body language with upright posture.
    Vizzla likes this.
  3. Vizzla Experienced Member

Yes it is hard to always bend down :) Maybe that will work to. :) When he is in the right mood he realy likes rally-o.
  4. Vizzla Experienced Member

Here is our next video. We are going to join a rally-o training group once a week :)
    This is us at home. We do some turns and we traind a lot on Alf standing up after laying down! :) Finnaly he got it.

Ripleygirl, Anneke and running_dog like this.
  5. running_dog Honored Member

It must be really hard to train clear body signals when Alf is so low to the ground. I'm really impressed.
    Vizzla likes this.
  6. Vizzla Experienced Member

Yes its not the easiest to do but we try! :)
    running_dog likes this.
  7. Anneke Honored Member

Looks great! I am so bad at this sort of thing...
    running_dog likes this.
  8. Vizzla Experienced Member

I just got us up for our first rally-o competition 30/8, Im so nervous.
    Here is a film of us today.
    kassidybc and Ripleygirl like this.
  9. Ripleygirl Experienced Member

Don't be nervous you and Alf will do great, just go out there and enjoy it!
  10. Vizzla Experienced Member

This is us competeing today and he got 77! Im so proud of him!
    southerngirl and kassidybc like this.
  11. Vizzla Experienced Member

I need helt training left turns. I often trip over him. Got the tip to let Alf back around me instead of me going round him?
    What do you say?
    kassidybc likes this.
  12. kassidybc Experienced Member

Nice job! I always used to trip over Chloe, what helped us was I started putting out my opposite hand as I turned left, and kind of waving it towards her with an open palm. Eventually she understood that when I put out my right hand that we were going to be turning left and she made sure to turn left with me/get of my way so she didn't get tripped over.