Make your dog a movie STAR, don't post much or look from afar?

yvonne

This is a great post! You have such a kind and generous nature Snooks.

I am so happy you come forward with such well thought out advice and are not one of the DTA's lurking members :) What would we all do without you :dogwacko:

Well Done xx

ozjen

Have to agree with Yvonne, Snooks, your email is very warm and encouraging. I've just joined but I'm game to post video of my girl if I can get it right, mind you the camera work isn't great. She has a few on Youtube so do I just post the link or is there another way that you prefer. I've already managed to post a message in the wrong place so don't want to stuff up again and I not very computer literate.

maven

Good for you Snooks! I glanced down there yesterday at the names and wondered why I didn't see more posts. This is such a friendly place :)

I can't even begin to say how much I've learned, not just in theory about positive training, but also in the actual mechanics and getting it done and seeing results. The past few days I've been looking through my back fence at the beautiful border collie that is tied to a tree in the yard back behind mine (there is a slat missing from the privacy fence and I can see it through there) and wondering how its life might be different if the owner were just educated in how to keep it calm in the house.

Anyway... Good on ya, and I hope you can entice a few more people to come forward. I like reading about all of the different dogs and their owners.

snooks

Experienced Member
maven;15378 said:
Good for you Snooks! I glanced down there yesterday at the names and wondered why I didn't see more posts. This is such a friendly place :)

I can't even begin to say how much I've learned, not just in theory about positive training, but also in the actual mechanics and getting it done and seeing results. The past few days I've been looking through my back fence at the beautiful border collie that is tied to a tree in the yard back behind mine (there is a slat missing from the privacy fence and I can see it through there) and wondering how its life might be different if the owner were just educated in how to keep it calm in the house.

Anyway... Good on ya, and I hope you can entice a few more people to come forward. I like reading about all of the different dogs and their owners.
Me too Maven, I love reading, meeting, and seeing loved dogs. In training class I was forced to pet a GSD puppy tonight to help socialize her. :dogtongue2: Oh please force me to pet a 10 week old puppy. My dog play bowed and rolled on her back joyously with Annie the pup. What a great night.

I too feel so bad for the BC behind you. I wish it were illegal to tie dogs in more states. It's how I got my foster Nikki. She was so scared after a year and a half tied in a back yard. Just 8 weeks of extra TLC from me and my big dog made her whole. It takes so little to do so much. You might check with ur local SPCA and see if tie outs are legal or report any suspected neglect. You can remain anonymous in every case I've been involved with. Just ask.

I'm so glad to see more awareness about dog feelings and happiness and positive training. Indeed this is a good friendly place free of negative posts and with so many diverse ideas. :dogcool:

ozjen

Thanks Snooks, I had a go at uploading a video to the monthy challange section, by copying and pasting the youtube link last night and was more than pleased when it worked. My almost 80 dad is better at computers than me so it doesn't take much to excite me when I get it right. If only I had my dog's brain.