Loki

Loki's mom

My name is MaLiesa, my adorable little guy "Loki" is a Belgian Malinois. I would like to learn new tricks to teach Loki, to keep him stimulated. Loki is a quick learner, and loves to show off to mom what he can do.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi MaLiesa, welcome to the Dog Trick Academy!! Glad you took the time to register and be a part of the community. I'm sure that you will find many tricks that you can teach Loki. If you need any help or assistance, we are but a few keystrokes away.

Dogster

Honored Member
Welcome to DTA!!!! First of all, how many and what kind of tricks does Loki know???? Here at DTA, we can help you teach Loki tricks, answer any questions, give suggestions to any problems you have, .... etc. I hope you find this site helpful and fun!!!!:LOL:

southerngirl

Honored Member
Welcome to DTA:D. Loki is a cute name, I've never seen a Belgian Malinois in person but have seen pictures and I've seen them on TV they are beautiful dogs. I can't wait to see a picture of Loki. Like Dogster I would love to know what tricks Loki knows. I hope you find this site helpful and enjoy the DTA community.

Loki's mom

Thank you for the wonderful welcome! Loki is almost six months old, he recently graduated from the puppy training course. Loki has learned to whisper, fetch and shake. He learns very quickly and it doesn't take long for him to master a new trick, usually its more of a training experience for mom lol. You can see from the pics his ear was nipped when he was only a few days old, I think it adds character. We are excited to be part of the forum and look forward to learning new things together.:)

Attachments

Loki's mom

Welcome to DTA!!!! First of all, how many and what kind of tricks does Loki know???? Here at DTA, we can help you teach Loki tricks, answer any questions, give suggestions to any problems you have, .... etc. I hope you find this site helpful and fun!!!!:LOL:
I'm really excited to learn new tricks to teach Loki, he learns so quickly. thank you!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
just what i was going to ask, Dogster!:ROFLMAO: What is a whisper?? sounds cute, whatever it is!

what a gorgeous dog, Loki, lovely markings, wonderful shape, kind eyes. What a cute lil baby Loki was!! Could not be any cuter. Since he is only 6 mos old, it looks like he still pretty puppyish looking yet.

and i so agree about the ear, def adds character. Makes Loki "unique"

My dog also has scars, a few on his face, a few by his eyes, which don't really show up in most photos. Actually, lol we never ever "see" his scars, ever, and we forget they are there, til someone asks us about them. I tell them, "Those scars are from his gangsta days":rolleyes:

Loki's mom

@ Tigerlily and Dogster. I learned about the whisper from his puppy trainer. It's when instead of barking they make a faint bark that sounds like they are whispering. Loki was able to observe Tess (the trainers dog) do this one day as we were leaving. So we came home and tried it, I would hold the treat in front of him by my face so he was watching me. I would say whisper to him and make a soft bark sound, he would bark loudly. I would keep whispering a bark and encourage him in a very soft voice...when he would make a small sound (even when it sounded like a grumble) I would click his clicker tell him good boy and give him a treat, after a day or two I added putting my extended finger at my lips as if to say "shhh" and would say whisper. It only took a couple times and he realized what whisper meant. I have a video I took with my cell phone but it's terrible because I was trying to do it and video at the same time, I will post it. This trick was mostly Loki, I am not positive of the best way to teach this, we just decided to give it a go and it worked. Now Loki will come sit in front of me and whisper and/or try to shake when he wants to do his training, that's his way of telling me it's time to play and have treats.