Lee & Dakota

Lee&Dakota

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a 2 year-old German Shepherd Dog named Dakota. Dakota is smart and high-spirited. She loves learning and I love working with her.

My first GSD, Schatzi, was a white girl, a rescue, who came to live with me when she was 4. She lived to 15. Schatz taught me a lot about the breed.

I'm having a lot of fun training a younger pup but I need a little extra expertise once in a while. That's where you folks come in.

Looking forward to joining in.

Lee

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Hi and welcome!! Love new GS-loving members :love:. Dakota is just beautiful - and 2 is still a puppy is GS-land. :LOL: Having a GS for 15 yrs is amazing - I've yet to have that happen, but sure hope my current two can do it! All mine have been rescues, my girl (on right) is ~8-1/2, and my boy (left) is 7. Feel free to jump in anywhere - and if you have anything in particular you'd like to discuss, just bring it up. There are lots of talented people who love discussing just about anything and everything. Have fun!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Lee. It is a pleasure to welcome you and your GSD to the Dog Trick Academy. :) If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. I am simply a few keystrokes away.

Lee&Dakota

Thank you, Jean. Thank you Jackie!

I am humbled by what folks here have done - I have a lot to learn.

Jackie, your pups are beauts - love the big smiles. My girl Schatzi had the advantage of work @ home dads and almost daily multi-mile off-leash walks. I think those two together gave her that longevity.

Mutt

Experienced Member
Welcome to DTA!
He love her expression Jacky seems like a very joyful dog :)
Does she now some tricks?

MaryK

Honored Member
Welcome!:) I just ADORE GSD, always had them, now have a GSD X. Your girl is beautiful!:love:

As Jackie said, 2 years old is still puppy in GSD time line:D

I had one who lived to 16.5 crossed just two weeks shy of her 17the birthday, I agree, I think long good walks, loads of love and plenty of stimulation are the keys to longevity:D So Jackie Makenna and Alf will live a LOOOOOOOOOONG time yet:love::D

Jump in if you have any questions, everyone here is very friendly and also very knowledgeable!