Just Bragging! -and Cross Paws?

tenniskitty

Experienced Member
Hi everyone! I just wanted to brag! I've begun to trick train my Border Collie/ Labrador Retriever/ Basenji mix puppy named Cinnamon. She is 3-4 months old and in just THREE DAYS, I taught her to Sit, Lay Down, Crawl, Beg, Dance, Spin, Stay, Bow, and Come. It's been about a week and she can still do every single one perfectly. Everyone has begun to ask me for dog training help. But there is one thing I'm having trouble teaching her...
Cross Paws. I've tried multiple ways, and nothing is working. Any advice? Thanks a lot!!

Love,
Ella & The Pet Pack

sara

Staff member
HA HA HA Yup another "too smart dog that cant do the simple tricks" LOL I had to teach Oliver to cross his paws in a bow, before he got it!

mewzard

Experienced Member
targets!! Teach her to target a lid with a paw by putting a treat under the lid and clicking for touching it with her paw.
Then put the lid in front of her (with her in a down) then move it further across her leg (IYKWIM) till she crosses her paws then try to do without the lid. This took me a while to teach Oka.

Anneke

Honored Member
Yup join the group... One of mine has it down after a long, long time! The other still doesn't get it:D
But it sounds like you have a smart dog!!

Oh and just a little word of causion... you can actually overtrain your dog... Remember she is only a baby and she has a whole lifetime to learn things. Don't push things and keep your trainingsessions short and fun! If she doesn't get it this time, maybe she will next time.