It Snowed

Honored Member
It snowed here overnight :D

It's probably not so exciting for a lot of people but where I live we usually only get one day of snow per year (and it has often mostly melted by lunch time). Last year we got hardly anything at all so it was rather exciting to wake up to a good amunt of snow today (since it's so early in the year we might even get a second snow day later).
Because we hardly got any snow last year it was really the first time that Holly has experienced this. When I let her out of her crate she stood in the kitchen while I opened the back door and would not come over to have a look, even after I went out and stomped around (I left Lewis in his crate because I wanted to see what Holly would do). So I had to take a small handful of snow and bring it inside for Holly to look at, she imediately ate it :LOL: Then I went out again and this time Holly came too. Once she was out she walked around a bit and then decided she liked the snow and went a bit crazy. It was soo funny.
I took some pictures, I have never really taken photo's in the snow so I had some trouble getting good ones but here goes:
I took her across to the park and she found a snowman:

She ran around:

Then back in our backyard with Lewis:

(Look at Lewis' face :eek:)

I love snow, hopefully it will stay for a second day.

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Great pics!! The pups look like they're having a blast!! :LOL: Cracked up at Louis' face, he looks like he's about to eat Holly for lunch as soon as he catches her!! :eek::ROFLMAO: Oh, they look like they're having so much fun, enjoy the snow!!!!

Honored Member
Thanks everyone :D They did have a lot of fun, I think Holly really enjoyed it even though she doesn't really like it when it's cold.

Unfortunately the snow is mostly gone already :( :cry: it started to sleet (mix of snow and rain) in the afternoon which made the snow melt more. By the time it was dark there was a lot of water around, I walked on the grass and under the snow was a layer of water. Then overnight I guess it wasn't cold enough and most of the snow melted (it was supposed to freeze but it didn't), now there's only really snow left in the covered areas and it's sunny outside now :(

Hopefully we will get more snow further into winter.

sara

Staff member
I heard that there was a large dump of snow in the eastern US?

Jeeze, It's usually us that get snow this late! Though we had a crazy thunderstorm today that flooded a bunch of roads, right before rush hour traffic... apparently there were 2ft deep puddles! LOL

Honored Member
I heard that there was a large dump of snow in the eastern US?

Jeeze, It's usually us that get snow this late! Though we had a crazy thunderstorm today that flooded a bunch of roads, right before rush hour traffic... apparently there were 2ft deep puddles! LOL
Lol, I'm in New Zealand, it's late autumn here. So it's actually early snow not late.

MaryK

Honored Member
Absolutely LOVED the photos! LOL yes Lewis did look a bit astonished and also, "I'm gonna eat you for lunch Holly' in one of the pics. I adore snow, miss it like crazy, so can well believe you want more! Sleet's ghastly isn't it, gets into every single part of your body, even when you're really well rugged up and of course, messes up the beautiful snow!

Weather here is actually getting warmer, again! And it's almost Winter! Can't wait to move, maybe New Zealand could be the place to be:D

brody_smom

Experienced Member
I have dreamed of living in NZ since I was a little girl. I have an aunt in Ireland who did a teacher exchange for three years in New Zealand. She sent me some great postcards and little souvenirs. I had two Kiwi friends in high school, and I tried desperately to pick up their accents but to no avail.:(;)

Honored Member
Ha ha, well that's what you get for living in a backwards place LOL
Lol. You might think it's backwards here but there are so many times that I see things happening in the States (and sometimes Canada, but not as much) that really really are backwards, I can't believe they are true.

But it is odd that we are getting early snow here while up in the northern hemisphere your getting late snow.

Honored Member
I have dreamed of living in NZ since I was a little girl. I have an aunt in Ireland who did a teacher exchange for three years in New Zealand. She sent me some great postcards and little souvenirs. I had two Kiwi friends in high school, and I tried desperately to pick up their accents but to no avail.:(;)
Yeah, NZers seem to pop up all over the place :LOL:

When I was younger I always thought I'd leave NZ as soon as I was old enough and never return. But as I've gotten older I've actually gotten more fond of NZ and appreciate how good it actually is here.
I would like to live in another country for a while for the experience but will probably end up back in NZ in the end.

brody_smom

Experienced Member
Yeah, NZers seem to pop up all over the place :LOL:

When I was younger I always thought I'd leave NZ as soon as I was old enough and never return. But as I've gotten older I've actually gotten more fond of NZ and appreciate how good it actually is here.
I would like to live in another country for a while for the experience but will probably end up back in NZ in the end.
After Lord of the Rings, the whole world could see how good it is there. The scenery is so unique, and the wildlife. Stunning!

MaryK

Honored Member
My late Grandfather loved to travel but his favorite place was New Zealand. Had my late Grandmother not been so fixed on living in the UK/Ireland, he would have moved there and hey I would have been a Kiwi!

Yes, Lord of the Rings sure did portray just how beautiful New Zealand really is. The scenery is unique and they say you can see the whole world in those two small islands, everything from the Fiordes of Norway to Hot pools etc.