Is Is Parson Or Jack?

madeleine

Experienced Member
Seeing how tall he is I would also go for the parson.
Isn't it that Russels only are allowed to be 25 centimeters max?
And then for every 5 centimeters you have 1 kilogram dog..
(this is the only breed who has this.....) seen that on the tv..

On the other hand, the way your dog is build I can see some russel.
Seeing his 'short legs' compared to the rest off his body.
And his back is quit tall, like the russels.

I'm not so much off a good help right now haha..
Wondering what the small dog experts will say!

MaryK

Honored Member
I found this on the web, hope it helps a little.

The Jack Russell terrier is a small terrier that has its origins in fox hunting; it is principally white-bodied and smooth, rough or broken-coated. It is commonly confused with the Parson Russell terrier (see the American Kennel Club) and the Russell terrier, which is a shorter-legged, stockier variety. (Within the Fédération Cynologique Internationale the "Russell terrier" is also known as "Jack Russell terrier"). The term "Jack Russell" is commonly misapplied to other small white terriers.
The Jack Russell is a broad type, with a size range of 10–15 inches (25–38 cm). The Parson Russell is limited only to a middle range with a standard size of 12–14 inches (30–36 cm), while the Russell terrier is smaller at 8–12 inches (20–30 cm). Each breed has different physical proportions according to the standards of their breed clubs.

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
Thank you,:love: We spent about a 2 weeks-month looking for the perfect dog for her. I saw him all bruised and wounded and fell in love. She thought I was crazy but he is just like her. He is quite the couch potatoes and the most relaxed dog I've ever met.

MaryK

Honored Member
Poor baby, thank goodness you fell in love with him. He sure looks fit, healthy and very beautiful now:love:

MaryK

Honored Member
Thank you, That was right be he had an outbreak and now he is shaved. I love his long fluffy coat. But man can he shed.
I love long fluffy coats too but can emphasize with the shedding! LOL my two boys aren't huge shedders but brother my long haired cat beats them paws down!!!!!!!!!

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
I love long fluffy coats too but can emphasize with the shedding! LOL my two boys aren't huge shedders but brother my long haired cat beats them paws down!!!!!!!!!
Oh god, Cats are some of the worst shedders. My moms got three and they shed like crazy, and attempt to clean themselves only to have hairballs. Its so gross! Chance was my first almost all white dog. And then I got Remi and he has a white collar and stomach. I never realized how much some breeds shed! You can never clean enough.

MaryK

Honored Member
Oh god, Cats are some of the worst shedders. My moms got three and they shed like crazy, and attempt to clean themselves only to have hairballs. Its so gross! Chance was my first almost all white dog. And then I got Remi and he has a white collar and stomach. I never realized how much some breeds shed! You can never clean enough.
Oh the hairballs, yep, middle of the bed (just when you've changed the duvet or about to go to sleep) is one of Maeve's favorite places to cough up the hairball, which she does with much gusto! Gross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I've always had German Shepherds before these two and boy they're great shedders too!
Tip - with white dogs never wear black unless you can sneak out without the dogs saying goodbye. Or take a small clothes brush with you and head straight for the nearest ladies to 'groom' your clothes!:rolleyes: LOL was doing that once and another lady, same problem, was also doing some personal de-hairing of her clothes! Great way to meet and make new friends though, who understand your problem.

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
Oh the hairballs, yep, middle of the bed (just when you've changed the duvet or about to go to sleep) is one of Maeve's favorite places to cough up the hairball, which she does with much gusto! Gross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I've always had German Shepherds before these two and boy they're great shedders too!
Tip - with white dogs never wear black unless you can sneak out without the dogs saying goodbye. Or take a small clothes brush with you and head straight for the nearest ladies to 'groom' your clothes!:rolleyes: LOL was doing that once and another lady, same problem, was also doing some personal de-hairing of her clothes! Great way to meet and make new friends though, who understand your problem.
My moms cat loves to cough up a hairball in the door ways. So when you walk through them or open a door it gets everywhere. I prefer dogs. lol

I wear a lot of black, so I literally have to just wear something different or a undershirt and short to get out of the house and then slip on the black shirt or pants after I've gotten out of the house.

MaryK

Honored Member
My moms cat loves to cough up a hairball in the door ways. So when you walk through them or open a door it gets everywhere. I prefer dogs. lol

I wear a lot of black, so I literally have to just wear something different or a undershirt and short to get out of the house and then slip on the black shirt or pants after I've gotten out of the house.
I love cats but if I had to choose, it'd be dogs without hesitation. Not that I would part with my two cats, who both adopted me:D

I know where you're coming from! Done that myself at times:rolleyes: Nothing like getting 'dressed' in a car:rolleyes::D

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
I love cats but if I had to choose, it'd be dogs without hesitation. Not that I would part with my two cats, who both adopted me:D

I know where you're coming from! Done that myself at times:rolleyes: Nothing like getting 'dressed' in a car:rolleyes::D
All my moms cats were adopted but only one adopted my mom. I love them, but not as my own pet. I like being able to give them back to their owners. I have the same policy with babies. :ROFLMAO:

MaryK

Honored Member
[ I like being able to give them back to their owners. I have the same policy with babies. :ROFLMAO:[/quote]

:LOL: Same here with babies, I did try with Maeve but she'd had a rough life and the person 'caring' for her, who saw my adds, posts etc. wrung my heart with the sad tale, so I agreed to 'adopt' her. She's def my girl that's for sure.

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
:LOL: Same here with babies, I did try with Maeve but she'd had a rough life and the person 'caring' for her, who saw my adds, posts etc. wrung my heart with the sad tale, so I agreed to 'adopt' her. She's def my girl that's for sure.
My moms the same way! She has had two of her cats for 16 years. She saved one that had an eye infection and couldn't see, and the other one was thrown at a dog and nearly killed by some teenagers.

MaryK

Honored Member
My moms the same way! She has had two of her cats for 16 years. She saved one that had an eye infection and couldn't see, and the other one was thrown at a dog and nearly killed by some teenagers.
Your Mom and I have a lot in common. How terrible, I bet she felt like killing the teenagers, how can anyone do this to an animal!!!!!!!!!!!!! So very happy both cats have found a safe, loving home.:love: