Is He Herding?

rouen

Experienced Member
I had mentioned on here before about Dingo's habit to circle small animals. Well today the cat wanted to come up stairs for a visit. She ended up getting scared when Dasy barked at something. The video shows what happened next.

Don't mind our tiny house and hopefully soon-to-be finished kitchen floor. :eek: Hmm, maybe I shouldn't be posting videos of it if Lisa's going to be showing her new digs. :p Just kidding.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
interesting! no idea if the dog circling a cat on a chair is herding....it's cute to watch though!

I wonder, if at min 1:06, the dog is trying more to position himself between cat and door,
rather than keep cat between you and himself, but, i could not see it all very well...

FUN TO WATCH THOUGH!! How long have this cat + dog lived together? Dog seems not that bad, not viscious or especially keyed up, and he DID come when you called him!! :eek::D good signs!
but, i wonder, does cat ever take a swipe at the dog's nose? One swipe seems to "cure" many dogs of pestering the cat!:ROFLMAO:

rouen

Experienced Member
Tuna, the cat, has been with us since January 1st. Dingo grew up with a different cat, Misty, that was more dog savvy and would give him a whack if she ever felt he was out of line. He use to do the same thing with her. It had been about 5 years since Misty was euthanized when Tuna showed up.
I'm not worried about his behavior it's just been something I've wondered about.