Intro from Arizona

danemommy

Hi Everyone! It's been forever since I've been on here. :) I'm a sahm of 3 children, a 2-1/2 yr old Dane (Nano) and a 4mo old Heeler mix (Slider).

Nano loves clicker training and in the 3 weeks we've had Slider I've got her hooked too! I've wanted a herding breed for years and couldn't believe it when we met her at the shelter with her brother. After meeting both of them the kids and I agreed on Slider. She has such focus, if it weren't for her still having her baby teeth I'd think she was older. lol, I've never had a puppy who paid so much attention to everything (I can almost see those little gears turning in her head!). :dogsmile:

She'll have her last set of puppy shots in a couple weeks and we'll be able to work on her socialization then. I'd love to hear anyone's tips on puppy raising (it's been about 5yrs since I'd done the whole puppy thing). I'm rereading "Don't Shoot the Dog" and "Control Unleashed", both great books!

It's been an adventure for Nano having a little sister who thinks she's the same size as him and will leap through the air to snatch any toy he has in his mouth but he seems to be loving it. :msngiggle:

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi! :dogsmile: Don't Shoot the Dog is an excellent book and should be read by all dog owners. ;) Congratulations on adopting Slider, i'll give you an award in just a minute. :)

danemommy

You are so right! I've learned so much from that book. :dogsmile:

Thank you so much for the award! There are so many needing homes, I wish I had room for more.:dogsad:

Jean;19251 said:
Hi! :dogsmile: Don't Shoot the Dog is an excellent book and should be read by all dog owners. ;) Congratulations on adopting Slider, i'll give you an award in just a minute. :)

barfer101

:welcome: back! I'm sort of new here.

Your pups are adorable. I've always wanted a Dane. Maybe some day.

I know when the BF and I went to the SPCA to adopt a pup it was hard not to just take them all.

:dogsmile:

danemommy

Thank you! I have a weakness for spots and splotches, can you tell? lol!

Hannah is a beauty, I love the picture you posted of her in the water! :dogsmile:

barfer101;19259 said:
:welcome: back! I'm sort of new here.

Your pups are adorable. I've always wanted a Dane. Maybe some day.

I know when the BF and I went to the SPCA to adopt a pup it was hard not to just take them all.

barfer101

danemommy;19262 said:
Thank you! I have a weakness for spots and splotches, can you tell? lol!

Hannah is a beauty, I love the picture you posted of her in the water! :dogsmile:
I love spots too!

And thank you for the compliment!