In The Suitcase - Bellas Newest Trick

Dogster

Honored Member
Wow, she learnt it soo fast!!!!:eek::D That is AWESOME!!!! This vid made me laugh, especially when you say good girl and she pokes her nose out of the suitcase to see if she can get out, LOL:ROFLMAO:

Anneke

Honored Member
That is so cute!!! So clever that she got it in only two sessions:eek:(y)
I was thinking of teaching this to Jinx a few weeks ago, but I don't have a suitcase that is big enough.
I'll have to see if my mom has one.

SD&B

Experienced Member
So very cute. I love how you can see the suitcase lid barely move as she eats her treat, lol.

Isn't it amazing how they sometimes struggle with a simple trick and how sometimes they get a harder trick much easier. (Or how sometimes we are wrong when we think it's easy or hard and then we start training it and it's not what we thought.)

sara

Staff member
Fun trick eh? Mouse does this... with my Laptop case LOL. it only took her one 10 minute session to get it and proof it :) It was VERY easy for her... but then, I've yet to find something hard to teach her, that she's physically able to do...

TiflovesBCs

Experienced Member
ye, once she was comfortable with the lid being shut she was ok.

Might give this a go with Jenny, not sure how it will go though as she's very set in her ways as shes 12 now and only recently learnt a few tricks which were taught by luring more than having to think inside the suitcase lol hahaha but we will see, and who knows I may eventually try it with the energiser bunny Zara if i can maybe get her to stay lying down long enough.

TiflovesBCs

Experienced Member
try garlic sausage - maybe hide it under a blanket in the suitcase??

i was using garlic sausage when training Bella.

Does shivon know the In command for a normal box?? thats what i used

TiflovesBCs

Experienced Member
Thanks

I've also started teaching this to Jenny my 12 year old and she's getting it, just need to get her to open the suitcase from closed and get a better lie down as she is a bigger dog than Bella but she's doing great :)

Evie

Experienced Member
I'm so jealous! Bella is so cute and does it so well!!!

I've tried teaching Evie this as i've seen the trick before, but Evie is paranoid of the lid shutting (even just half a cm in the "closed" direction is too much for her).... yet she will happily sleep in the suitcase while we're watching tv....

I'd love to know how you taught this trick :p