I Need Your Help!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Everyone!

I am just putting the finishing touches on my brand new Book called "The Power of Positive Reinforcements" that I will give away for FREE to new visitors of the Dog Trick Academy!

This book is going to be a simple introduction to the Power of Positive Reinforcement training. Like what we've all been doing with tricks training. :)

...But I need some true testimonials about what Positive Reinforcement training has done for you and your dog!

For example, for me personally gaining the knowledge of positive reinforcement training has helped me not only train my dogs to do cool stuff like carrying a lunchbox and playing chess, but it has also created a much deeper bond with my dog that I never thought existed.

Please provide your testimonial in this thread, or you can send it to me via private message. Also let me know if I can use your real name if you'd prefer I use a nickname.

Here's what I will need:

1) A short 2 paragraphs testimonial.
2) Your dog's name.
3) Your first name.
4) Your permission to include it in the book as a reference to Positive Reinforcement training.

5) Optional: If you are willing, I can even include a picture of your dog next to your testimonial. :)

Thanks so much!
Jean

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Sure. That is perfectly fine. :)

Also, if anyone wants to read the book before giving a testimonial, please message me. But please bear in mind that it is not final and is not yet transferred to a pretty PDF document.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Best way to write it up is to think about how your dog was before you started training using positive reinforcements and then how your dog was afterwards.

For example, I personally wanted to connect with my first dog Tobbie when I was 12 years old but I had no idea how to connect and train him. It was only years later that I discovered positive reinforcements and now my two dogs are my best friends and I can get them to do really cool stuff, and they love doing it. :)

Tâmara Vaz

Experienced Member
I did it!!:love: I did it!! Say if you liked or not!!
I love animals since I can remember... And someday on a distant past I wondered -while watching amazing dogs on tv-: I wish someday I could have a dog and train him to do things like this. Positive reinforcement got me it all.

My first contact with positive reinforcement was for training my cute, siamese, female cat -Sushia- to do tricks since then I didn't stop using it! We had many cats and an elder dog, Duke, that was close to perfect in behavior. They experienced with me the amazing potencial of positive reinforcement.

But the real challenge was when we(I and my family) brought home a crazy, destructive, fearful, full potencial and energy husky puppy -Laika- which put my mind to work at tops.ONLY through internet I learned -still learning- how to use this splendid tool that humans have to communicate with our loved animals. The best part is it'S ALWAYS fun, because you're creating a love bond with your dog. I am enjoying EVERY training session since I know positive reinforcement. Laika is now a super inteligent dog that every day makes me proud and shows me that I'm in the right way to understand more and more animals.She is still crazy sometimes, but that makes part of the fun. I love my dog and my dog loves me!

1-Well, It's a little big... Maybe told much about past...
2- Laika
3-Tâmara
4) You have my permission to include it in the book as a reference to Positive Reinforcement training.
5) I'll send a pic, Can it be just of my dog??

MaryK

Honored Member
Tamara that's really heart warming, WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:(y) I personally LOVE what you've written and I am sure Jean will too - LOL if he doesn't watch out Jean!!!!!!!!!;)

And if people saw Laika now, the way she works with you and just how smart she is at ALL her tricks, then they wouldn't have a doubt left in their minds as to just how well Positive Reinforcement Training works. She's living, breathing proof of that!

MaryK

Honored Member
I have just p.m. my piece but as we're all putting it up for others to read I may as well join in.

My dogs have always been my best friends. And as such I could never understand, or see sense, in putting a heavy metal chain around their necks and making them do want I want. I would ask myself “Would I like that done to me?” and the answer was always, without fail, a resounding no.
In the past this thinking brought me into a lot of conflict with 'old school trainers' so I was over joyed when my personal beliefs of wanting my dogs to work with me because they wanted to not because they were made to, is now officially recognised as 'Positive Reinforcement Training”.

Does it work? Yes very much so. Just one small quick example. My 2.5 year old youngster Ra Kismet was recently attacked whilst out walking with me by another dog who jumped the low fence and was very definitely full on dog and human aggressive. Fortunately we both escaped physical injury but it left my boy psychologically scarred. So much so, that if he heard or saw another dog, he went into a total over-reaction tantrum, zoned out completely on me to a point where all I could do was 'hang on'. Six weeks later, Ra Kismet, with the aid of Positive Reinforcement Training (not old style confrontational style training, or nearly chocking him to death) is now happily trotting past dogs barking behind fences, seen or otherwise, to a point where after the occasional glance in the direction of the barking dogs, he will re-set himself, tail wagging madly and his trauma totally forgotten. All this is done on a loose lead, soft collar using click/treat. Dogs coming head on, we're still working on that, but now he will pass with minimum fuss and I know that with a little more time he'll be as bomb proof as my older dog Zeus. Positive Reinforcement Training is, in my opinion, the only way to train. Not only does it result in a well mannered dog, but one who's so happy to work with you, loves you and bonds with you in the way 'man or woman's best friend' should, with complete love and loyalty. No my boys are definitely not 'bottom of the ladder' but my friends. You can read about Ra Kismet's progress in my posts on Dog Trick Academy.

Make your dog your best friend too and use only Positive Reinforcement Training. The bond is so strong it's beyond words.

Mary K Gill, Ra Kismet and Zeus , both rescue boys, with thanks to Dog Trick Academy.

MaryK

Honored Member
I too got a little wordy, it's hard to put into a few words just how much Positive Reinforcement Training has meant to me, especially with Ra Kismet and his over reaction.

I just sent photos of both dogs, they are much better photographic models than me!

Tâmara Vaz

Experienced Member
Tamara that's really heart warming, WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:(y) I personally LOVE what you've written and I am sure Jean will too - LOL if he doesn't watch out Jean!!!!!!!!!;)

And if people saw Laika now, the way she works with you and just how smart she is at ALL her tricks, then they wouldn't have a doubt left in their minds as to just how well Positive Reinforcement Training works. She's living, breathing proof of that!
Thanks!!Thanks!! Thanks!! :)
I didn't know if it was good when I posted it, your comment makes me feel like an author .:ROFLMAO:.:ROFLMAO:.

southerngirl

Honored Member
My animals have always been my best friend because I’m shy. I grew up with the family dogs being trained the old fashioned way. I always thought there has to be a different way. Why do you have to yell at them to leave the room, pop them when they soiled in the house? When I was twelve I found a six month old Border Collie/Lab mix. She was crazy, hyper, and everything in her path was chewed apart. I had never trained a dog or any other animal before, but I knew one thing no one would ever lay a hand on my dog and if they yelled at her I would yell at them. I started researching on how to train dogs and found some amazing videos of dogs who performed tricks and listened to their owners every command. I wanted that for Missy.
She now knows sixty tricks and commands all thanks to teaching her with Positive Reinforcement!! We’ve created a really strong bond from working as a team. I have learned how amazing and intelligent animals are. We owe it to them to treat them with kindness and respect. Think would be more likely to do something if you got a reward? I sure would.
What I love most about Positive Reinforcement it is fun for both me and Missy. Sure she is still my crazy girl, but know she puts it to good use, playing, learning new tricks and going on jogs. Not chewing my shoes or making in snow in my bathroom from tissues. Together we are a team. <3

I hope this isn't to long.
2. Missy
3. Danielle
4. You have my permission to include it in the book as a reference to Positive Reinforcement training.
I'll send a picture of Missy.