How The English Go To The Pub

Dogster

Honored Member
HILARIOUS VIDEO, Anneke!!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: The border collie did a FANTASTIC job at getting them all back to the pub!!!! LOL!!!!:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
you do?? i was worried it is a bit too small to see...thanks!
i'm still searching around for a St Patrick BC icon, but that will do for now, til i find a bigger one.
Pawbla, does St Patrick's Day get celebrated in your country? Here, in the USA, it is mostly just a silly day. Everyone pretends they are Irish, whether they are, or not.:ROFLMAO:

People wear green clothes, and drink green beer, and go to pubs or town halls and eat "corned beef and cabbage". Which honestly, is not the tastiest recipe you will ever eat....but, it's only once a year, so they eat it.

Many of the larger towns have marvelous parades, too. ONe St Patrick day parade i went to, i saw, maybe 100 IRISH WOLFHOUNDS, all marching along together, all of them wearing green bowties.

it was a stunning sight to see, and i still get happy to just remember the sight of all those GIANT HUGE BEAUTIFUL dogs all walking along so calmly...they were all on leashes, (GREEN leashes, of course) and their owners all had on green outfits, as well.

Have you ever seen an Irish Wolfhound up close?? WOW and WOW!!! now multiply that vision by about 100!!!!!!!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
The dogs in post #12, there, are doing an Irish "river dance" dance step, and are wearing traditional Irish outfits worn for that dance. At St Patrick festivals, there are always a few of these dancers. well, human ones, not dogs!!:ROFLMAO:

but it reminded me of a trick we were all struggling to teach our dogs together, called, "cross paws"...:ROFLMAO:

Pawbla

Experienced Member
Well, it's an avatar! Maybe it's just me being used to 50x50 ones, but it looks just fine, don't worry :p.

Never seen an Irish Wolfhound in real life, but they look stunning in photographs. It must have been pretty impressive to see!

Here, it's pretty much the same. They don't pretend they're Irish, but 18-year olds to 30-year-olds (usually) get drunk with green beer and sometimes wear green clothes. The rest of the people just ignore the day altogether, hahaha! It's not a really popular celebration, actually. Oktoberfest is way more popular in that let's-get-drunk sense!

Dogster

Honored Member
I LOVE all the pictures Tigerlily!!!!!:love: I haven't seen an irish wolfhound up close either, but I LOVE how they look!!!!! Stunning!!!!:DFor me, St. Patrick's day is not that much of a holiday, my background is Polish, and they don't celebrate it (I think, maybe things changed). But I just LOVE the spirit of the holiday!!!! Everyone is SOOO HAPPY (maybe it's from the beer????:ROFLMAO:), just such a cheerful holiday!!!!

dogcrazy

Experienced Member
I love the pictures Tigerlily!!!!!!!!:) I have seen 1 Irish wolfhound in my life, and it was huge and really cute!!!!!!! Like Dogster said people go to pubs, drink beer and wear green and there are parades. But all I do is ware green because my family doesn't celebrate (I am also Polish).