How Long?

southerngirl

Honored Member
Okay 7 days ago Piper got spayed. The vet said in 7-10 days she can go back to normal exercise. My
thing is the incision is not healed completely so I'm worried about letting her run around again, but she has so much built up energy because of not being aloud to exercise she's driving everyone nuts and won't leave poor Missy alone.
From what I can tell all that's left to heal is her skin. They used glue. I have been taking her on very short slow walks for two days now, but that is not enough. Piper is bored out of her mind, yes I've been doing tricks and mind games, but she really wants to run.
So should I wait until it's completely healed or is it okay to allow her to run. I really don't see it being completely healed on day 10 either.

brody_smom

Experienced Member
If it's been a full week, she should be fine. The skin is the last part to heal completely, her insides should be okay. It's pretty much impossible to keep the young ones from running and jumping for that long.

Honored Member
I think Holly was pretty much back to normal after a week (if I remember correctly), maybe the walks were slightly shorter than normal still and I can't remember if I had started to let her off lead or not.

But she had stitches, I think her stitches were removed after a week so if Piper is glued she should be fine.

I think it would really take a lot of effort to tear the skin open again, a bit of walking/light running should be fine.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Thank you guys. I guess i'll do light exercise with her for the next two days thsn i'll allow normal exercise, keeping an eye on the incision.