Home Made Potty Patch

Sameeee

Rocky being a 8 week old he will be potty trained 2 ways.

1, he will be in my bedroom at night and when we are away. for that time he will be trained to the potty patch
2, to potty outside when we are home,

I priced the potty patch you see on TV and it costs way to much for such a small patch, so I made my own,
it is 36in's wide and 60in's long.
made a wood frame and lined it with vinyl.
put potty pads in the bottom. and plastic garden fence on top then astro turf on top of it all.
liquid goes thro to the potty pads and dodo cleaned off with dodo bags. a few times a week change the potty pads and hose off the astro turf.
will be adding a hikeing pole to the center since Rocky is a boy

101_2229.JPG101_2230.JPG

Tip for dodo bags
if you can get to a Dollar Tree store they have dog dodo bags 48 for $1.00. but I get the baby diaper bags. you get 75 for the same price and work just as good.

southerngirl

Honored Member
That's really cool you figured out how to make your own. So are you going to keep him crated until he learns to use the potty pad?

Sameeee

I have never used a crate. here is how I potty train.
in the day you take him outside as soon as he eats, or wakes up. and have to always watch him if he looks like he has to go make a loud ANNT sound. tell him outside. and take him out.
at night puppy sleeps in a big cardboard box he can't climb out of. when he needs to potty he jumps at the side and trys to get out. the sound wakes me up and I take him to the potty. by the time he is big enough to climb out of the box he is potty trained.
I have potty trained all my puppies this way

southerngirl

Honored Member
Okay, that's a cool way to potty train I've never heard of it done that way. When I think back to potty training I was a fail with Missy she was still having accidents at two(destroyed my carpet my mom was ready to get rid of her)

Sameeee

Rocky has been home over a week now and is potty trained to the potty patch. I don't have to put him on it anymore. he goes to it on his own. even if we are in a different room he heads right for it when he has to go.
next will be taking him outside. as smart as he is that should not take long for him to get going outside too