Hi..

TotallyYorkies

Hi, Im 13 and I train my Yorkie Tilly. I am currently learning her Obedience and soon Agility. We got her from a family whos children threw balls at her and kicked her. Shes very happy at our house with extra company of my mums miniture yorkie Ozzy. Tilly was the first dog I have owned and we have a very strong bond, she even sleeps on my bed! :) My mum and I are planning to breed our Yorkies but trying to breed a Miniture with a Standard is very hard, after around 4 phantom pregnancies it isnt looking so good. But maybe they just aint ready to be parents yet (y)

sara

Staff member
Welcome to the DTA! We have several members around your age doing very well with training their dogs, you should fit right in!

You'll find most of us dont believe in breeding dogs unless they're very experienced breeders doing everything they can to promote the health and quality of the breed, there are enough dogs dying in shelters without people bringing more pups into this world. However I wont lecture you too much, as I realize it's not your decision.

Pawtential Unleashed

Experienced Member
Welcome to DTA...

[I completely agree with the not breeding comment but I will follow Sara's lead and not get into that except to say it most likely isn't the size that has anything to do with the problem - there may be genetic issues that are causing the problem and if your female does get pregnant it could be a very difficult and expensive pregnancy if she could even carry them to term...but anyway]

What does your dog know?
Please post pictures so we can revel in her cuteness!

MaryK

Honored Member
Welcome:) I agree with both Pawtential Unleashed and Sara about breeding. I too will refrain from getting into it, but do please, consider what has been said:).

Love that you have a strong bond with Tilly, that's something so special:) Training her will be grand for both of you and please, any questions, just post as everyone here is very friendly and you'll get so much really good advice:)

Dogster

Honored Member
WELCOME!!!!:D Glad you have a special bond with Tilly, it is really a special thing.:love: Good for you for training your dog!! Obedience training is very important, very helpful to both the owner and the dog.:) And yes, we'd LOVE to see some pics!!!:love:

I agree with Sara, Pawtential and MaryK. I don't think breeding the two dogs is a good idea, there are waaay too many homeless dogs (and puppies!) that are living in high-kill shelters, in horrible conditions, that need are help. Frankly, we don't need any more dogs at this moment. I believe the world would be a better place if we could stop unnecessary breeding. I think I said too much already...:unsure:

southerngirl

Honored Member
Welcome!! It's great you guys have a strong bond. Do you teach her tricks? Teaching tricks can make your bond stronger.
I agree with the others Please do not breed them. You can find purbreed Yorkie at rescues pounds or like you found Tilly people who can't care for them. So many dogs are out their dying because someone bought instead of adopt. I urge you to talk to your mom about getting Tilly spayed.
Please stick around. I would love to see pictures of Tilly.