Hi There---it's Been Waaay Too Long!!

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Not sure if anyone is even still here that remembers me, but life has kept me away for way way way too long! So, if anybody is still here that I know, HI!!! And to everybody else, hi as well and sorry for falling down on the job as a moderator. A very belated welcome to you all. :)
Looks like the site is doing GREAT, love the new look. Well done Jean and team.
Since the last time I was here, many many good changes have come to my life. I got married, moved 6 hours from home, and together we have 5 great crazy dogs. I'll be starting college again soon for ANIMAL BEHAVIOR which I am super stoked about. Can't wait to get started. I also am going to start training a military working dog next week. Couldn't possibly be more excited about that! :LOL:

Hope everyone has been doing great!!! Can't wait to get back into the swing of things here. Missed this place!!

sara

Staff member
OMG!!!!! YOU GOT MARRIED??? I missed you :) Sounds like your life is happy and full :) I have a new deaf kitty to go with my deaf pack of dogs, but that's about it LOL

charmedwolf

Staff member
TX , YOU'RE BACK!!! OMG, I can't believe you got married!! Congrats!

Where are you going to college? And who are the other dogs in your pack now?

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
YES!!!! :love: He loves animals as much as I do, and completely supports my addiction to training lol. :D His name is Ty, and we are both very happy with our pack of goofy mutts. How cool about your kitty!!! She's lucky she found you and your deaf pups. :) I bet you have a post somewhere with pictures of her that I'm going to have to find, lol.
OOOH and I need to post pics of the two new additions! Off to work on those, lol.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
HEEEY!!!! Thank you!

I'm going to be going to Southwestern University. :D
The two newbies are Harley and Daisy, I'll get pics up of them very soon!

sara

Staff member
Yeah, actually I just posted a vid of his first meeting with the Doxies... and am uploading his first clicker training session as we speak, so it'll be posted on that one when done.

Did you end up keeping the GSP? I thought you found a place for her, but I can't remember... then you were fostering a different dog weren't you? I haven't kept up with you well... sorry :)

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Here's Miss Harley! She is super crazy about frisbees and very smart. She's got a lot to learn but she's picking it up fast. :)
Harley3.jpg

Harley5.jpg

And little Daisy with Mud and Gypsy. :) She's an 8 year old Schnauzer and shares the head of the doggie household title with Mudflap. Nobody messes with Daisy, lol.
TheGirls.jpg

Seen here viciously fighting off the rope toy...lol.
DaisyPlay.jpg

And of course we still have Zekers, the only other male in the house other than my husband. He is completely crazy about my husband, which for those of you who remember Zeke's personality, that's a big deal. :)
ZekeField.jpg

Sorry for the overload of pictures! :X3:

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Sara, the Weim, Gypsy I think is who you were referring to. Zeke ended up working out his differences with her. His main thing is he just needs a break from her sometimes. Gypsy is extremely sweet but can definitely be overwhelming for some dogs. So when he starts getting grumpy, the very few times that she doesn't give him his space, I let Zeke have a break in his crate or let her chill in her crate or take one of them outside to play, etc. Fortunately Gypsy has found a best bud in Harley who puts up with her pretty much all the time. Gypsy is completely desperate for someone to love her lol, it's pretty cute. We(my husband and I) decided we couldn't part with her, and it's worked out for the best. :)

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Hi and thank you! We have a zoo. We have the 5 dogs here, we still have to bring my horse here, my husband is looking for a horse, we're getting my cat next weekend, and we also have an aquarium with some fish in it. And a feral cat lives here who had kittens a few weeks ago. :) Lol it's never a dull moment here.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Hi and thank you! We have a zoo. We have the 5 dogs here, we still have to bring my horse here, my husband is looking for a horse, we're getting my cat next weekend, and we also have an aquarium with some fish in it. And a feral cat lives here who had kittens a few weeks ago. :) Lol it's never a dull moment here.
Wow, that's a tone of animals. Yeah it definitely sounds like there is never a dull moment at your house. And I thought I had a zoo with my 6 animals soon to be 7. Are you going to take the kittens once they're old enough and find them homes?

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Well initially I had planned on keeping at least one and finding homes for the rest, but most of them haven't made it. She abandoned two of them right off the bat, and I had them for about four days. On the third day we lost one to feline distemper and the next day the other one died too. :( Then I found the rest of her kittens (four) and was just keeping an eye on them because she was still raising them. I found 3 of them dead about four days later and the other one is missing. Not sure what she did with it and I haven't seen her since then either.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Well initially I had planned on keeping at least one and finding homes for the rest, but most of them haven't made it. She abandoned two of them right off the bat, and I had them for about four days. On the third day we lost one to feline distemper and the next day the other one died too. :( Then I found the rest of her kittens (four) and was just keeping an eye on them because she was still raising them. I found 3 of them dead about four days later and the other one is missing. Not sure what she did with it and I haven't seen her since then either.
aww. Well that sucks.:(

Caiti

Experienced Member
Welcome back! Congratulations on getting married, and the new dogs are adorable, especially Harley. She's beautiful!

sara

Staff member
ha! I knew GSP was wrong, but I couldn't for the life of me remember what was right! LOL I was close though ;)

Your new family members are gorgeous (and I think we need a pic of hubby....) You've certainly had a good year :)

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Thank you everyone! Harley turns a lot of heads for sure lol. :) Sara, I've had a wonderful year!!! Couldn't be happier.
Haha, the hubby is a looker too. ;) Happy to share a picture!

This was right before he proposed...:love::love::love::love::love: That's right, he proposed on top of a mountain! :D

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Tex, SO glad you're back!! Congrats on everything!!!!! Sounds like things are going great, I'm so happy for you!!(y) You've got a built-in housefull of dogs to work with - ideal for you! And a cat, horses, and fish too! Not to mention a hubby (who's mighty fine, I might add :love:) - you can clicker-train your brains out!!!! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

You've got lots to catch up on, and lots to catch us up on!! Welcome back!!! :D

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Evie, yes ma'am, I train horses too. :) Love it! I have a five year old paint filly. Don't have any pictures of her on this computer though. :/
JACKIE!!! I have so many plans for all the dogs. :D Harley is coming along nicely, she'll be caught up in no time. LOL thanks, I definitely agree about my hubby! He didn't believe I had a mean side until the first (and second, and third...GRRR) time another woman hit on him. I'm a bit territorial, haha! As for training him though, he's gotta be part Husky...lol he is so stubborn!