Hi from the UK

ginauk84

Hiya

I am Gina, am 23 and live in Staffordshire, England, UK. Found the link through the college forum - am studying a FDSC in Canine Behaviour & Training (1st year). I am currently writing a HTM training series for a national dog training magazine - Dogs Today. Diz was the first dog I ever owned, so here are the intros:

Dizzy - Disco Inferno

An aprox 8 yr old GSD cross collie or retriever or something - she is a rescue. Retired from agility aged 3 due to major spinal surgery (not agility related). Did obedience up to the point where we won out or pre-beginners and beginners and then got bored. She has done some media work, photo shoots and tv shows. Really clever dog, needs only to be shown something once.

Cascade - Flibberty Gibbet (Disco Demon)

An aprox 7 yr old border collie - another rescue. Cas is my star agility and HTM dog. Won up to grade 6 agility (there are 7 grades here) and qualified for several national finals. Also working advanced canine freestyle. Has also been on some tv shows. She is a bit neurotic so can be hard work, she was very very nervous when we first had her and has taken years of patience to have a happy dog. Cassie's compilation video

Ember - Rainway Forever Ember (Disco Diva)

4 year old shetland sheepdog. Ember does agility but rarely goes clear, when she has done though she has had two wins and top 5 placings, working grade 5 agility. I can't do HTM even though she is fab at the moves because she barks too much and it is frowned upon in HTM.

Rum - Reddy To Rumble (Disco Dynamo)

2 year old welsh sheepdog cross border collie. This lad is the one, he's my soul mate. Has done a couple of photo shoots and a tv show. He works grade 4 agility and is so in tune with me, Cas tests me and thinks she knows it all but Rum really listens. He is also working novice heelwork to music. Rum's 2 year compilation video

So that's my rowdy lot and here is an intro video I did of them:

Disco Dogs Trick Intro Vid

Am looking forward to seeing some new tricks to learn!

CollieMan

Experienced Member
Always good to see another UK resident. I wasn't in the least bit surprised to see you say that the first dog had done some media work. She has a very expressive and charismatic face. Though they are all really stunning dogs, that first one really stands out for me. Lovely pics.

ginauk84

Thanks yes, they tend not to go for blue eyed dogs as they aren't as expressive so the gorgeous Diz does tend to get all the work. :msngrin:

topbarks

Hi Gina, another BB ite here.
Having seen your video's thought this would be your sort of place.
your dogs are stunning and a credit to you.
Mark (3rd year)

lorina

Experienced Member
lurchergirl;3079 said:
Hi Gina, great to see you here.

Lorina, where from London are you? I am in South London near Croydon.

Vera
I'm in North London. Not far from Muswell Hill :dogsmile:

yoyopoodle

Hi Gina - beautiful dogs! I love the expressions each are giving in their photos... Diz is especially eye-catching.