Hi Everyone!

sandramaversa

My name is Sandra and I am very happy and excited to go through this program with all of you. I am enjoying Jeans methods of training and program very much. I find it pretty cool that there are people enrolled from all different countries!
My Dogs name is Louie. He is a Chocolate Lab and approximately 6 years old. I adopted him from a local Humane Society that I had great pleasure volunteering at during a program that I was working on. Louie was one of the dogs that I was working with there and he had SEVERE Separation Anxiety issues. Also not good on leash for walks, nor playing fetch?...for a Lab that was very odd to me. Those were just a few issues. My guess on him is that he as used for breeding and when his time was up, he was let free. I got to work with an incredible trainer and behaviorist at the shelter who showed me many different techniques that I continually use today with him. Needless to say his anxiety is at about a 5% , he is such a good dog and I am so blessed to have him in my life! When I got him home I started to recognize a trend in his aggressive behavior towards Male dogs (mainly). And its when he is on leash when this occurs. I have been working on this issue with him for almost 2 years. This, he is about 75% better than when I got him. always a work in progress. My main concern and what triggered me to join this program is to get back in to a routine with working and training my dog. The number one behavior and command that needs worked on is his Recall- Responding to Name and to "Come". I''ve let a lot of things slide and he is a spoiled boy that he decides to ignore me- especially outdoors when I try and call him. He almost NEVER responds or even looks in my direction. I've started the program and re-working commands indoors at shorter distances with a friend and treats. He's great inside, Hoping that he'll get it soon when we are outside.
I've said a mouthful! Good Luck everyone! Thank you Jean! (By the way, I think we're neighbors?!):)

kassidybc

Experienced Member
Welcome to DTA! Thank you for rescuing Louie! Are you talking about the Good Dog, Good Life (I think that's what it's called) program that Jean is holding? Not everyone on this forum is doing that (I'm not), I believe that Jean has a specific Facebook group for the people who are part of it. But we are here to help! :) If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

sara

Staff member
Welcome to the DTA! Ya no, we're not all in his course but we are all helping each other train! Glad to have you!

brody_smom

Experienced Member
Welcome. Thanks for rescuing your dog, and congratulations on all the progress you've made with him. I not taking Jean's new program either, but am very interested to hear how it is going for those who are. Please introduce your dog in the Meet the Dogs forum, if you haven't already.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Welcome. I'm not in the program either. That's great that you rescued your dog.
I love love labs, both mine are mixed with lab. They are amazing dogs, and I've always wanted a Chocolate lab because they are gorgeous.