Help

xena98

Experienced Member
Hi Guys
Havent been on here for awhile. I have been teaching Gabby a trick and have sort of got stuck so need some help I am trying to teach her to lift left front and left back up at the same time we have got to the back foot has to touch something and the front stays up and I ask for tilt but we do try and do it when we dont have something to use but we cant seem to get co ordinated as such as the front would come up but the back doesnt and than the back goes up the front goes down. If you know what I mean lol So wondering if anyone got any ideas when I can go from here. I know Slyvia Trkmn has taught it. I am going to try and get her to touch a target with her back but I might be still stuck lol
thanks
cheers
Danni

kassidybc

Experienced Member
If you can teach her to target each paw on sticky notes, it could help. Try letting her put her front and back left paws on your hands to support her! If you can imagine being in her paws, it would be very hard to balance like that (maybe even impossible depending on the dog). She may need to build up muscles in order to do it.

xena98

Experienced Member
Thanks for answering I was going to work on with the sticky note for the back leg only lol. We had started in the garage and that was the only place she would do it but now we can do it in other places but our back leg still needs to touch something but our season is finished now for obedience and agility so will have more time to train lol See how we go

sara

Staff member
I think repetition is key here. Keep working on her targetting with her back leg until she can do it easily, then start fading the targets