Hello!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
WELCOME!! What a cutie!!
Of course, you have run an ad and/or contacted the human society to report you have found a lost dog, right? You don't have to turn dog in to human society, but most humane society will write down description of dog, etc, in case owner calls them looking for this dog. Sooner or later, most humans looking for their lost dog will call the humane society.

Many papers will run "free" ads for found dogs.
If it were me, i'd also put up posters, in area where i found the dog, "found a dog".
as well as read newspapers and posters for anyone looking for this dog.

The pup should also be checked for any microchips, too. (the humane society or your vet can do this, takes all of two minutes, is probably free to do this)

If it turns out that the owner of this pup IS looking for the dog,
and wants it back,
do not despair,
there are millions of homeless puppies and dogs looking for a human who wants a puppy or dog:
http://www.petfinder.com/index.html
GOOD LUCK!! KEEP US POSTED!!!

kemlotoe

thank you! she is gorgeous isnt she! I do plan to use a clicker when I start to train her! I found her advertised online, in which I will not name the site, and is from a private breeder.

Any tips on starting training, i.e. order of what to train first...don't get me wrong I have done my research and have banks of help at hand through friends and parents but just wanted some anecdotes of your training experiences.

@tigerlily...what are you trying to say here? :S I am going to ignore you I think.

southerngirl

Honored Member
The first things I would teach her is Sit, stay, come, lie down, leave it and loose leash walking. You don't want her to ever ever think that when she pulls on the leash she goes somewhere. So when she pulls on the leash stop and call her back to your side than continue walking do the same thing every time she pulls. If you have any questions on how to teach something just ask and everyone will be glad to help.

Pawtential Unleashed

Experienced Member
Hi and Welcome! Yeah, understanding things through the written word can be tricky - but you will find we are all a friendly bunch, happy to help - we look forward to seeing your progress with Molly.

Is the breeder doing any training work with her as they are keeping her until she is 15 weeks old? How are they socializing her? Have you begun to look for puppy classes in your area and sit in on some perspective ones yet?

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
OH YES, i am so sorry! :eek: I thought when you said you "found" her,
that you meant, like, you saw the dog walking around by itself and took it home.
SO SORRY!!!!

Congrats on the new pup!! Yes, it's wonderful wonderful wonderful that you are interested in training the pup! YAY!!! Hope to see you and your new pup around here often!! THIS is a great and friendly site, a great place to learn how to raise a dog, or train a dog, or almost anything you want to know, someone here will have an idea.

Again, sorry i misunderstood, i thought you had "found" a lost dog and were keeping it! :notworthy: how embarrassed am i? (leaves to go crawl under a rug...)