Hello From Scotland

Maggi

VIP Silver Member
Hi I'm Maggi, and I have a 6yr old female GSD called Solas (which is Gaelic for 'Light', and she is the light of my life!). Although we don't compete, we have been to training classes, and work away ourselves with tricks and a bit of freestyle, and just about to start an agility class tomorrow. Solas can be a bit dog reactive, but we have been working so hard with this, so looking forward to the class tomorrow. We are attending with our friends' Jackie and her 5yr old GSD boy, Krueger, who is also reactive, but we all trust each other so much that we will be able to relax and do the training. The instructor understands the problems with reactive dogs (hence only the two of us) so this will be a good start to being able to introduce them into more distracting, exciting environments later! Looking forward to learning and sharing a lot on this forum.
Maggi & Solas (y)

Maggi

VIP Silver Member
How embarrassing! I subscibe to a few doggie sites, and didn't realise that I had already introduced myself! My excuse is that I had a major technical crash, and lost all of my stuff, and am starting again with a new laptop!...HaHa!! Well it is true, but also just an excuse for my bad memory!!! :oops:

Maggi

VIP Silver Member
Had a great agility class last night. Solas was really good. We did some flatwork/heelwork, and some pivot turns (our homework to practice!). Apart from the fact that I'm a liability throwing balls, and I have to do it with both hands!!!, we had a good time! I'm also teaching her a new trick....Marching! :cool:

MaryK

Honored Member
LOL Hi again!!!!! Congratulations on Solas's great agility class, that's awesome!!!!!!!!!!(y)

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
Sounds like you have lots of fun activities. So glad you are able to do agility with your friend. I can't wait to see your marching trick!

Maggi

VIP Silver Member
Sounds like you have lots of fun activities. So glad you are able to do agility with your friend. I can't wait to see your marching trick!
Hi, still working on the 'marching trick' and also working on 'Shy'. We've just finished our first 4 weeks of agility training! Here are some links to how we're getting on!

This site is such a wonderful resource, a place to share our experience, expertise, and just our happiness as dog guardians!

Maggi

VIP Silver Member
LOL Hi again!!!!! Congratulations on Solas's great agility class, that's awesome!!!!!!!!!!(y)
We are now at our 4th week! going good.

Look at the link(s) below!

Thanks for your encouragement!! It makes a difference!

Maggi

VIP Silver Member
Hi, will let you all know how the agility goes! :)
Been at agility classes for 4 weeks now.....Great! have a look at the video links below!

I think she's doing really well, despite me! I'm so useless at throwing the ball in a specific direction, and have no concept of where MY body should be in relation to her...what hope does she have with a handler like me??? However we are enjoying ourselves together, and that is a big thing! We've got a great instructor who does 'clicker training' and is into positive reinforcement......no negatives at all!!! WONDERFUL!!!

MaryK

Honored Member
Solas is doing really, really well and LOL you're doing fine too! Keep up the good work and keep having fun! That's what it's all about, having fun and learning loads. :D