Hello From Nikita And Ború In The Netherlands!

Hello everyone!

My name is Aoife! I am originally Irish but now live in The Netherlands in the middle of nowhere! (Met a nice Dutchman and that was that!) We have two Border Collies, a B&W 11 year old lady called Nikita and an idiot 13 month old ee-red pup called Ború! Nikita is a smart, hard working, calm frisbee lady and Ború is her grandson but takes after his crazy dad and not his more sensible mum! He is however one of the few pups Nikita loves. (After several litters she's pretty much done with puppies and their nonsense!) Ború is very stupid but fantastic fun! So here we are! The terrible two love frisbee, chasing around the woods beside us, swimming and acting like idiots in the garden! Nikita likes to play frisbee best but Ború really enjoys Doggy Dance. Both of them much prefer snow and rain to even the slightest bit of sun (no consideration for their much less furry owner, eh?! :) ) I really like this site! So here's some photos!

Ború Week 47 and Nikita 30229.jpg
Ború Week 47 and Nikita 30206.jpg
Ború Week 47 and Nikita 30224.jpg
Ború Week 38 and Nikita Snow 27884.jpg
554335_224360274373392_2032235604_n.jpg
150494_215665075242912_1950309522_n.jpg
317473_238376732971746_289851768_n.jpg
182467_215666615242758_485193871_n.jpg

Thank you tylerthegiant! Yes, Nikita is a hard act to follow in terms of brains! Ború can be clever with tricks but he has a general lack of common sense that is VERY entertaining!! I like to think of Nikita being Batman and Ború being the daft Robin tagging along! :) If there's something to fall into or over or get your head stuck in Ború will find it!

MaryK

Honored Member
Hi and Welcome!:) Both your dogs are gorgeous!!!!!!!! LOL had to laugh at Boru, I agree I think Nikta has set the bar extremely high, but then Boru is only a youngster and doing teenage stuff!:D

I'm with your dogs, I LOVE snow and disappear inside at the slightest whiff of sun, which there is way too much here. I'm part Irish, lived in the U.K. and now at present in Australia.

brody_smom

Experienced Member
Welcome, Aoife! I know I already met you on the "Introduce Your Dog" thread. Isn't it just like dog owners to introduce their dogs first? There are many people in our neighborhood whose dog's names I have known for weeks or months (even years!:oops:), but whose own names I still don't know!

Love your BCs! What is the ee-red? Brody's sister looked very similar in coloring. They are mixes, and I wondered what the mix was based on her coloring, more like a Golden Retriever. I have never seen a BC that color. Have seen the brown and darker red.

MaryK

Honored Member
There are many people in our neighborhood whose dog's names I have known for weeks or months (even years!:oops:), but whose own names I still don't know!
Glad I'm not the only one! We speak of Bear's owner, or Niko's owner etc. LOL doubt I would even recognize some people without their dogs!:rolleyes:

Caiti

Experienced Member
Welcome to the DTA! Your dogs are absolutely gorgeous. I seriously considered getting one before I picked out Matrix, my Aussie, but they are defiantly a breed I plan to own in the future. Both of your dogs are stunning! :D

Mutt

Experienced Member
Welcome to DTA!
I'm also from the Netherlands.
With our weather it's rather a good thing they love rain ;)

Your dogs are gorgious. Ee-red is such a beautiful color, but the patch of black around Nikita her eyes is also nice.

Welcome, Aoife! I know I already met you on the "Introduce Your Dog" thread. Isn't it just like dog owners to introduce their dogs first? There are many people in our neighborhood whose dog's names I have known for weeks or months (even years!:oops:), but whose own names I still don't know!
Guilty

Evie

Experienced Member
Love love LOVE your puppies!!!

Evie's dad was that colour too :D I just love the golden border collies. Actually, I just love ANY animal which is that colour lol.