Hello From A Bc Mix Owner!

brodog

Hi, I'm Sarah and I'm glad to have found this site. Last year I adopted a 6 month old Border Collie mix, Brody. He is now 60 pounds and 25 inches at the shoulder. I love to teach him tricks and train animals in any way, shape, or form (Positive methods only, of course!)
It's always been my dream to be a professional dog trainer, and hopefully I'll be on my way in about 10 years or so. Brody is my first dog and I love him to bits, all though I sometimes regret not buying an 8-week old pure Border Collie puppy. (I did have the opportunity!) He currently knows basic obedience, some tricks and I'm building an Agility course to teach him that. He is, however, very shy, but someday will overcome his fears and learn to trust me without thinking twice.

brody_smom

Experienced Member
Welcome to the DTA Forum. This is going to get confusing! ;) My BC mix is also named Brody! They do look very different, though. How old is your Brody now? He's a pretty big boy for a BC. Any ideas what he might be mixed with?

Evie

Experienced Member
Welcome to the BC (Ball of Crazy) club. :D

My BC is shy too .. and I've had her since a puppy - she was just born that way.

Hope you enjoy the forum :) Any questions, please do ask. We're a very friendly bunch here :D

brodog

Thanks for the warm welcome, everbody! I love all of your dogs!
And yes, this will be funny, there's now two Brodies. :LOL: Double trouble!
My Brody is 1 Year and 7 Months old now. (I love those PitaPata counters!)
He seems like a mix of Ball-O-Crazy, German Shepherd and Lab. Most people only see the BC, though!
I will indeed enjoy this forum, hopefully it will help me and Bro-boy climb to new heights. :)

MaryK

Honored Member
Welcome to the DTA Forum. This is going to get confusing! ;) My BC mix is also named Brody! They do look very different, though. How old is your Brody now? He's a pretty big boy for a BC. Any ideas what he might be mixed with?
LOL that thought went immediately through my mind, before I even read your post. We'll all have to be on our toes as to which Brody is which!:LOL:

MaryK

Honored Member
Welcome to the forum.:D Loads of BC and BC mixes here, and yes, another Brody! I too have, what we think, is a BC X with Shepherd, though the Shep is most prominent in looks, he's a ball crazy extravert though. My Tiger Lily was a shy dog but over time she came out of her shell a bit, though always reserved, she did make friends and play with other dogs.

You're right, it's a trust thing between you and Bro Boy which may help him over come his shyness to a point, but he may well always be shy, like Evie B's BC, whom I've met, she's shy but very lovely and well trained.

Honored Member
Welcome,

I don't have a BC, lol, but my families first ever dog was a BC x Corgie that we adopted when he was 12, unfortunetly we didn't have him long (he came with health issues).

brody_smom

Experienced Member
I can see German Shepherd in the ears. The rest looks lean and leggy, though hard to say for sure since he's lying down! I'll bet he's fast!