Hi there everyone,

My name is Tatianna. I live in Canada; the group I share a household with is

Atilla- American Bulldog 9 years in March
Beuford- American Bulldog/Argentine Dogo 4/5 in November
Fozzie- Irish Terrier x 3 years old
Sizzle- German Shepard 3 years
Bentley- Boxer 1 year old
Delilah- Pitbull 7 years
And Aliza who is a two year old Pitbull.

*I would like to elaborate that, not all of these dogs are mine personally. I currently am living with my dad due to several circumstances and only one dog is mine personally which is Aliza. So once I can start my kennel and such, there will not be an issue with the amount of dogs currently here. Just a side note. I'm sure I'm not the only one here with such a large pack

Anyways aside from introductions, I have joined this forum so that I can get some personal opinions on breeds, as I want to goto school to become a dog trainer and also a groomer and then run my own establishment. I will also be helping a friend in dog shows starting this year so I can learn how to do it as well. Its just the fact of choosing a breed which suits what I am looking for in what I want to do. I already know I will be working with Standard Poodles, I am adamant on that as they are my absolutely favorite dogs. I'm hoping this site will help me on my journey to improve not only working with my dogs, keeping me motivated, but help me with my chosen career choice.

I don't usually join many forums anymore, I haven't participated in one for years, due to bad experiences but everyone here seems well enough. I look forward to getting to know everyone here ! :)

Thank you!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tatianna, it is a pleasure to welcome you to the Dog Trick Academy. Everyone here is very friendly and very supportive, you should feel just at home. :) I am also from Canada (from Ontario).

sara

Staff member
ok so now I've read the rest of your post, I'll say welcome, and beg absolutely shamelessly for pics of the Irish!

Talk about my favorite breed and then some! I have one that's likely an IT mix, but holy heck, I LOVE the breed!

Standard Poodles are my second fav breed, and only got surpassed by the IT 6 years ago LOL I raised a gorgeous litter of St. Poodles for a roommate, and enjoyed every second of it! (especially the grooming :) )

This forum is very friendly, we don't really allow any negative reinforcement (for humans or dogs! LOL) not that we ever see any, a better bunch of people you'll never meet :)

I'm also in Canada, but an Alberta girl :p

freedomdreams

Awe thanks everyone :) I'm going to try and post pictures and a thread although it won't be in one go if I have to do a separate each dog. I have to work off my cellphone :)

Fozzy is a cross as well.. I'll post him first just for you !

sara

Staff member
it's amazing that there are mixes of such a rare breed, it's why, even though I'm 99% certain Oliver is at least half IT, I always say "I think" LOL I've had IT breeders tell me they're sure he's an IT, but I still can't be 100% :)

Dogster

Honored Member
Welcome!!! Welcome!!! Sounds like your house is tons of fun!!!! Seven dogs!!!!:eek::D I'm dying to see some pics!!!
I'm from Canada too!! (Ontario):)

Honored Member
Of course I will :)

I may not need help choosing a breed after all.. I think I'll work with Standard Poodles and Black Russian Terriers. No I'm positive :)
I would also love to own Standard Poodles and Black Russian Terriers :love:

I've never met a BRT but from what I've read they seem amazing, I'm just not sure I have the ability to properly handle one yet

Honored Member
it's amazing that there are mixes of such a rare breed, it's why, even though I'm 99% certain Oliver is at least half IT, I always say "I think" LOL I've had IT breeders tell me they're sure he's an IT, but I still can't be 100% :)
There is currently an "airdale/irish terrier" in the pound with no registered owner (will probably end up in rescue):

and I think I saw an adult pure Irish terrier for sale a couple of months ago in NZ

MaryK

Honored Member
Hi and Welcome!:) You'll find everyone here is really friendly, no problems there.:D

Please post pics and thanks for the Irish Terrier, I adore that breed my Mom had one back home, absolutely gorgeous dogs.