Guess What?!

Caiti

Experienced Member
So my parents decided to tell me today that we will be getting another dog. :D I'm really excited. This is something I've wanted for a really long time and we've put a lot of thought into it.

I'm really really happy and I have to tell someone or I think I'm going to explode. So, I'm telling you guys. :p We are leaning towards Australian Shepherds, because we all really like them, plus I'm looking for a more athletic dog to be my running partner and do agility with me (Wylie has dysplasia so too much activity can be painful).

I'll keep you guys posted because I know you all love to see pictures. :D

sara

Staff member
Ohhhh CONGRATS!!! that's awesome! Have fun with the choosing! (I have never chosen a dog... they've all just kinda ended up mine LOL)

Caiti

Experienced Member
I've never chosen one before either. My first dog Trouble and Wylie were both rescues who stole our hearts. ;)

MaryK

Honored Member
Congratulations how exciting!:D I've never actually chosen a dog, mine have all been rescues. Don't forget to post pics and LOL don't explode please, it would make too much mess:LOL:

Caiti

Experienced Member
Thank for being so concered for my safety MaryK. XD

We picked a breeder, met the puppies and put down a deposit for a adorable black tricolour aussie who we have decided to name Matrix. The breeder was wonderful, very responsible and really loved her dogs. Matrix's parents where both sweet hearts, her father was a really friendly black tri who loved everyone and her mother was a grey merle, little more reserved but very friendly, calm and sweet. Both parents actively herd sheep on the farm and I believe one of them has competed in Agility and Flyball and done very well.

The litter was ten puppies, five grey merles and five black tris. They were all VERY cute. We met with every puppy in the litter, and I handled each one, making sure they were friendly, healthy and comfortable with being handled. And, of course, Matrix was the last one I checked. While I was checking her littermates, she curled up beside me and rested her head on my lap. When I did check her, she was absolutely perfect. She was so comfortable with being handled and loved the attention, yet she was very calm and sweet. She was actually the breeder's favourite because of her sweet personality.

She will be coming home on June 22nd! :D

Attachments

MaryK

Honored Member
Matrix sounds absolutely divine!:D How lovely, she chose you, dogs always know who to chose. So very happy for you, cannot wait to see pics and get my 'puppy fix'.:D

Now you can use all that energy getting everything ready for her home coming;)

brody_smom

Experienced Member
Thank for being so concered for my safety MaryK. XD

We picked a breeder, met the puppies and put down a deposit for a adorable black tricolour aussie who we have decided to name Matrix. The breeder was wonderful, very responsible and really loved her dogs. Matrix's parents where both sweet hearts, her father was a really friendly black tri who loved everyone and her mother was a grey merle, little more reserved but very friendly, calm and sweet. Both parents actively herd sheep on the farm and I believe one of them has competed in Agility and Flyball and done very well.

The litter was ten puppies, five grey merles and five black tris. They were all VERY cute. We met with every puppy in the litter, and I handled each one, making sure they were friendly, healthy and comfortable with being handled. And, of course, Matrix was the last one I checked. While I was checking her littermates, she curled up beside me and rested her head on my lap. When I did check her, she was absolutely perfect. She was so comfortable with being handled and loved the attention, yet she was very calm and sweet. She was actually the breeder's favourite because of her sweet personality.

She will be coming home on June 22nd! :D
Now I know what Brody might have looked like as a puppy. That's one sad thing about rescue dogs... no baby pictures.:(

Caiti

Experienced Member
MaryK: She is an absolute sweetheart. She just felt right.

MissyBC: Thank you! It seemed like the perfect name for a very intelligent dog.

Brodys_mom: I'm sure Brody was an adorable puppy. He's such a handsome boy! I would have loved to see what Wylie looked like as a puppy. Matrix is our only dog ever not from a shelter. Our local shelter did benefit though, as I had $1700 saved up for a puppy and $500 left after purchasing her. So they got $500 worth of food, toys and bedding. :D

MaryK

Honored Member
Forgot to add I too love her name.:love: That's a wonderful gesture to give your savings to your local shelter, it will go a long way to help them provide better services for the dogs. (y)

And I just love your quote 'to err is human, to forgive is canine' very true!:love: