Gsd Puppy

Hurley_GSD

Hurley is my GSD puppy, she is completely black and will be 3 months old April 2nd. I live up in the edmonds area of WA and would love to meet some people up here with GSDs as well so hurley can play with dogs of her own breed.

Dogster

Honored Member
ADORABLE!!!! And WELCOME!!!!:LOL: I (like most members here) would LOVE to see some more pics of your beauty!!!!
Are you planning on teaching her any tricks, agility???? Or does she know some already??? Do you/will you use a clicker??? Remember, training is a GREAT way to bond with your dog.(y) This is a GREAT website for all things DOG!!!!!:)

Hurley_GSD

Thanks for the welcome everybody. Hurley has sit, stay, down, and up mastered pretty good with both hand signals and verbal commands, her biggest challenge right now is not getting distracted. I like hand signals because she cannot get them confused in a loud place and I dont have to yell if she is far away. In the future i plan on teaching her air channel scent tracking because I, along with alot of my friends snowboard/ snowshoe and it would be great to have an "amateur" SAR dog in case we lose somebody in an avalanche or whatnot. but for now she loves going on morning runs before I go to work and playing frisbee, although she does not have the whole bring it back thing down yet lol. Oh and I use steak as training treats because believe it or not it is cheaper than treats. I just dehydrate it like jerkey and cut it into small squares, about a half inch. she loves them and the natural oils and strains of fat is good for her coat as well. a pound of treats costs me about $4 to $4.50 to make.

Dlilly

Honored Member
Welcome to DTA!!

For me, buying meat is cheaper than buy treats too! I buy hotdogs for Shiloh when we go to agility classes, and then at home I just use leftover meat and my homemade treats. :)

UtonaganAtka

what a cutey i really like the name too , i love GS's , my dog has GS in her ^^ she's an Utonagan , mine is also easily distracted and i use hand-signals as i am selective mute so we share some similarities heehee .I look forward to seeing more of your little Hurley and best of luck with finding some other shep playmates for her <3

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Welcome to DTA!!

For me, buying meat is cheaper than buy treats too! I buy hotdogs for Shiloh when we go to agility classes, and then at home I just use leftover meat and my homemade treats. :)
I buy raw pig heart for Ripley for special training or agility treats ( as she will not reward with toys) it is cheap as chips and she knows it is extra special when she gets a little sliver of heart!